ServiceMaster Kwik Restore
Mold can be among the most dangerous types of damage to a home or building after it starts growing, consuming building materials and dispersing spores into the breathing air. After being released, these allergens can trigger a number of negative health effects, like skin irritation, nasal congestion, coughing, itchy eyes and throat, and even long-term respiratory issues. Without quick action, mold can spread to other areas and worsen the damage, not to mention the health issues.
ServiceMaster Kwik Restore is available in Woodstock, IL and the neighboring communities to provide full mold removal services for homes and buildings. Our technicians are experienced, licensed, and trained to attack the mold at its source and prevent it from returning.
Issues with Mold Growth
Mold will usually result in untreated water damage, developing just 48 hours after the disaster. For many mold colonies, cellulose is the main food source, which is found within the walls, floors, carpeting, and all other porous materials in homes and buildings. Once developed, it consumes the structure, leading to significant structural damage and it can even affect the structural integrity of the home.
Over time, the building materials will become unsalvageable and must be replaced. Any hesitation taken towards removing mold can also lead to a number of health issues and even long-term health damage.
Mold Damage Restoration Tips
Finding Mold in Your Home or Building – What to Do:
- Call ServiceMaster Kwik Restore for immediate mold removal services to prevent it from spreading further.
- Wipe down all wet surfaces that are not affected by mold.
- Inspect the air registers and HVAC unit.
- Wear protective eye wear, gloves, and breathing mask when present around mold.
- Turn on an overhead fan or air conditioner to improve the air circulation on the property.
- If you have a dehumidifier turn it on to lower humidity levels.
What NOT to Do if You Find Mold:
- Do not place a fan directly in front of the mold.
- Do not touch any moldy surfaces.
- Do not try to remove the mold yourself.
- Do not paint or caulk over any surface containing mold.
All of the following are included within our mold removal services:
- Detailed inspection of the property and complete evaluation of the damage.
- A report of the inspection and evaluation of your property is sent to your insurance agent.
- The affected surfaces are contained to prevent the mold from spreading.
- Removal of the mold at its source, using advanced products, equipment, and methods.
- Replacement or restoration of damaged surfaces.
Mold will only grow worse over time if any hesitation is taken to have it removed. Using household cleaning agents will also only make it worse as they are not strong enough to remove all the spores. This is why it must be handled by a professional.
Contact Us for Mold Remediation
For complete mold remediation services in Woodstock, IL and the surrounding areas, contact ServiceMaster Kwik Restore at (815) 261-9195. We provide free estimates.
Related Mold Removal Services Woodstock, IL
Mold Remediation Services Cary, IL
Mold Removal Services Elgin, IL
Mold Remediation Algonquin, IL
Mold Removal Crystal Lake, IL
Mold Removal and Restoration McHenry, IL