No matter what commercial fire damage situation you’re dealing with, we have solution.
Fires within businesses and commercial buildings can cause devastating damage and losses while putting the lives of all those within the building at risk. If a fire breaks out within your business, you need to take the following steps immediately:
- Raise the alarm: If a fire is detected, immediately activate the nearest fire alarm. This will alert everyone in the building of the danger. Do not try to tackle the fire yourself unless you’ve been properly trained.
- Evacuate the building: All occupants should leave the building immediately via the nearest safe exit. Elevators should not be used. Employees should be trained to assist visitors or customers during the evacuation. Designated employees (fire wardens) can help ensure everyone exits safely.
- Call the authorities: Dial emergency services and provide them with all necessary details about the fire. The faster they’re alerted, the quicker they can respond and help control the situation.
- Account for everyone: Once outside, gather at a pre-established meeting point at a safe distance from the building. A designated person should check that all employees, visitors, and customers have evacuated and report any missing people to the fire department.
After taking these steps, you need to get in contact with a commercial fire damage restoration expert to address the damage. You can get in touch with a fire cleanup specialist in your area by calling RestorationMaster at (888) 915-7197.
Call RestorationMaster for Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
A fire in a commercial building can be devastating for a business as it can damage property, interrupt business activities, and put lives at risk. Understanding the common causes of commercial fires and putting the right safety precautions in place can help reduce the risk of fires and ensure a safe evacuation in case a fire does start.
If your business is damaged by a fire, quick restoration is the key to limiting the damage and getting your business back on track. RestorationMaster can quickly put you in touch with a commercial fire damage restoration expert in your area to get the restoration process started.
You can call RestorationMaster at (888) 915-7197 for a fire damage restoration professional near you.
Commercial Fire Damage Restoration – Who to Call?
Commercial Fire Restoration – What to Expect
Choosing the Right Commercial Fire Damage Restoration Company – Why RMF?
RestorationMaster has worked with the top commercial fire damage restoration providers for more than 11 years and can put you in touch with a professional in your area.
Commercial Fire Damage Restoration FAQs
Fires can occur within commercial buildings at virtually any time. Because of this, it is important for businesses to always be prepared for the possibility of a fire and to have a plan in place to evacuate the building safely and take steps to reduce the damage.
The following are the most common causes of fires in commercial buildings:
• Cooking equipment
• Heating equipment
• Electrical and lighting equipment
• Smoking materials like cigarettes
• Intentional fires
Knowing the most common causes of fires in commercial buildings can help you take steps to reduce the risk of fires in your business. However, no matter how the fire started, you need to call emergency services to put out the fire as well as a fire damage restoration professional to restore the damage. You can get in touch with a fire damage restoration professional in your area by calling RestorationMaster at (888) 915-7197.
Commercial fire damage restoration services include the cleanup and repair of commercial buildings after they have experienced a fire. Restoration professionals will first stabilize the building if necessary and assess the damage to form a complete commercial fire damage repair plan. The restoration process will include repair of the structural damage as well as cleanup of smoke and soot.
You can expect the following steps from the commercial fire damage repair process:
• Initial inspection of the damage
• Stabilization and pre-cleaning of smoke and soot damage
• Removal of debris
• Structural repairs
• Soot and smoke damage restoration
• Content cleaning
If your business or commercial building is damaged by a fire, calling a restoration professional right away will help limit the damage and get your property restored faster. You can call RestorationMaster at (888) 915-7197 for a fire damage cleanup professional near you.
The following are the best companies to call for commercial fire damage cleanup:
• 911 Restoration
• 1800 Water Damage
• RestorationMaster Finder
The cost of commercial fire damage restoration will vary depending on the extent of the damage, including the total area damaged and the severity of the damage. The type of building or facility will also have an effect on the total cost of the restoration.
The average cost of commercial fire damage restoration is between $8,000 on the low end for less severe damage and up to $120,000 on the higher end for widespread or severe damage. The following are the averages for specific types of commercial properties:
• Warehouse: $8,333
• Religious properties: $17,255
• Office properties: $27,027
• Schools: $32,199
• Health care facilities: $33,532
• Restaurants and bars: $44,509
• Merchant and retail stores: $62,360
• Industrial and manufacturing properties: $128,099
Typically, commercial fire insurance policies cover damage caused by fire and smoke to the affected structure, property within the structure, and property of customers and clients. Outdoor features like signage, fences, and landscaping are also covered.
If the building or any equipment used by the company is rented, the landlord and vendors that own the equipment are responsible for insuring their property.
While there is no way to completely eliminate the risk of a fire in commercial buildings, there are steps businesses can take to reduce the risk of fires and at least mitigate the damage if a fire does occur. The following steps can help limit damage from a commercial fire:
• Reduce fire hazards: Business can reduce fire hazards by maintaining machinery, addressing electrical issues, storing flammable and combustible materials properly, designating outside smoking areas, and following proper safety protocols for cooking. All employees should be well informed on the best ways to reduce fire hazards inside and outside the property.
• Install and maintain fire safety equipment: All commercial buildings should be equipped with fire alarms, fire extinguishers, and sprinkler systems. This fire safety equipment must be regularly checked and maintained to be in working order in case a fire occurs.
• Implement emergency procedures: If a fire occurs within a commercial building, the most important thing to do is safely evacuate the building. Make sure there is a clear and effective emergency evacuation plan in place and practice the plan often with fire drills.