No matter what attic mold damage situation you’re dealing with, we have solutions.
The attic is a common place for mold to appear because it is dark and damp, and attic mold can lead to significant property damage if not addressed. If you find mold growth in your attic, you must immediately take the following steps:
- Step 1: Ensure safety by keeping people out of the attic. If you must go into the attic, wear protective eyewear, gloves, a mask, and long pants and sleeves to keep yourself protected.
- Step 2: Inspect the mold growth the best you can and look for mold on the rafters, insulation, and other materials in the attic.
- Step 3: Document the damage by taking photos and videos. This will help when consulting with professionals and filing your insurance claim.
- Step 4: Contact a professional mold remediation company to assess the situation and provide recommendations for removal. They can also provide advice on preventing mold from reoccurring in the future.
Even though attic mold is in an area of the home that is rarely used, it can have detrimental effects including structural damage and health issues. You can call RestorationMaster at (888) 915-7197 to get in touch with a professional who can provide attic mold removal in your area.
Mold in Attic – Who to Call?
Mold growth in the attic must be addressed immediately so make sure you call a mold remediation professional right away. Call RestorationMaster 24/7.
Attic Mold Removal – What to Expect?
Mold remediation professionals will isolate the attic to prevent the mold from spreading and remove the mold growth, as well as permanently damaged materials like insulation.
Choosing the Right Mold Removal Service – Why RestorationMaster?
RestorationMaster has worked with the most reputable mold remediation professionals for the past 11 years and can put you in touch with a professional in your area.
Residential Attic Mold Removal
Mold in your attic puts the structural integrity of your home and your health at risk. Mold remediation professionals will fully remove all mold growth from your attic.
Commercial Attic Mold Removal
Mold growth in attics and storage spaces within your business can damage your property including the building and supplies in storage. Professionals can provide commercial attic mold removal to completely remove the mold from your building.
Emergency Attic Mold Removal Service – Call (888) 915-7197 Now
If you find mold in your attic, call RestorationMaster right away to get in touch with a mold remediation professional near you.
Mold in the Attic FAQs
Attic mold is quite common because the conditions of the attic are ideal for mold growth. Attics tend to be poorly ventilated which leads to high humidity levels, and building materials found in the attic including wood and insulation provide a necessary food source for mold colonies. Mold in the attic can cause considerable structural damage as it eats away at wooden supports and the ceiling directly under the roof, and it can spread to new areas of your home. The presence of mold also increases the risk of health effects from exposure.
People do not spend a lot of time in their attic which makes it easy for attic mold to go unnoticed. It is very important to recognize the signs of mold in the attic so you can address the problem. The following are the main signs of attic mold:
• Dark stains on wood surfaces
• Mildew odor in the attic
• Warm and stuffy conditions
• Frost on roof sheathing
• Water dripping from ceiling and ceiling fixtures
If you notice any of these signs, check your attic for mold growth. You can call RMF at (888) 915-7197 to find a mold remediation professional in your area to remove attic mold.
Attics are already susceptible to mold growth because of their conditions, but understanding the main causes can help you prevent attic mold. The following are the main causes of mold in the attic:
• Poor ventilation that contributes to warm, stagnant air
• Improper fan exhaust from kitchen and bathrooms that exhausts to the attic instead of outside the home
• Roof damage that leads to leaks and other moisture issues that cause mold growth
• Inadequate attic insulation that allows for the accumulation of warm air that causes condensation
• Gaps or openings in the ceiling and around ceiling fixtures allow for more air exchange between the attic and living spaces which creates the conditions for mold growth and allows moldy attic air into the living spaces
You should not hesitate to act if you find a mold problem in your attic. Call RMF at (888) 915-7197 to find a mold remediation specialist near you.
Attic mold remediation is the complete removal of mold growth and permanently damaged materials from the attic. Mold remediation also generally includes additional steps to prevent future mold growth. Specialists that provide attic mold removal will insolate the attic and evaluate the extent of the mold growth to form an effective remediation plan. They will then remove all mold and permanently damaged materials and address the cause of the mold. After the mold is removed, the resulting damage will be restored and repaired.
Attic mold remediation services typically include the following:
• Mold remediation
• Mold removal
• Mold inspection
• Mold treatment
• Mold cleanup
• Mold abatement
The longer you wait to remove attic mold, the more likely you will experience severe property damage or health effects. Make sure you call us at (888) 915-7197 to get in touch with a mold remediation professional near you.
Attic mold removal cost ranges from $1000 to $9000 on average. If you notice a mold problem in your attic before it causes major damage and your attic is easy to access, the cost for remediation will be on the lower end. The cost will be higher if there is extensive mold growth and damage, and your attic is cramped or more difficult to access.
• Make sure you protect yourself with proper safety gear when entering the attic including a mask, safety goggles, gloves, and long sleeves and pants.
• Remove as many items from your attic as possible and check for mold on the rafters and insulation. Affected insulation should be removed and replaced after the mold removal.
• Use plastic sheeting to seal all openings, including vents and windows, to prevent the spread of mold spores.
• Create a mixture of 1 teaspoon of white vinegar or tea tree oil, and 1 cup of water and put the solution in a spray bottle. Spray the moldy areas and let the solution sit. For cases involving heavier mold growth, mix 1 part hydrogen peroxide with 2 parts water and spray the moldy areas. Let this solution sit for an hour.
• After allowing the solution to sit, use a firm brush to scrub the mold. After scrubbing away the mold, check for leaks or any other possible cause of the mold growth and fix the problem to prevent future mold.
If you do not think you can handle the removal of attic mold on your own, make sure to call a mold remediation professional for help.