Fire Damage Related Info
Because fires can quickly spread damage throughout the entire property, quick action must be taken in order to save as many materials and possessions as possible. Immediately after calling the fire department, call ServiceMaster by Metzler for emergency fire damage restoration services in Chicago, IL.
Even after the flames have been extinguished, the damage from the soot and smoke will spread throughout the property, causing etching and tarnishing to your building materials and personal items. Porous materials, including fabric, drywall, paint, and upholstery will quickly sustain the most damage as the soot will settle into the small holes. However, we arrive on the scene immediately to prevent the damage from spreading too far. We will also work with your insurance company to allow the claims process to run smoothly for you.
Fire Damage Repair
Our fire and smoke damage restoration services covers both residential and commercial settings of all sizes. Our technicians use advanced equipment and products to effectively guarantee the proper restoration of your building structure.
The services provided are also in accordance with IICRC to ensure that your property is receiving the highest quality service. In addition to fire and smoke damage restoration, we will also provide the following: neutralization, deodorization, and content cleaning. Ultimately, you can depend on us to provide a clean and healthy environment for you and your family or staff again.
Home and Building Restoration
While it is extremely important to air out the property as soon as the flames have been extinguished, this will not prevent the damage from spreading. The building structure contains a thick smoke residue that will require the application of unique products in order to be completely removed. In contrast, if they are not applied right away, the property can quickly become unsalvageable. This is why ServiceMaster by Metzler will arrive quickly to prevent this from occurring while developing a custom plan that will restore your home or building as quickly as possible.
Fire Damage Cleanup – Check Out This Video
For fire damage restoration services in Chicago, IL, call ServiceMaster by Metzler at (224) 585-0580.
Fire Damage Repair – What to Do
- Call ServiceMaster by Metzler immediately to prevent the damage from spreading.
- Cover all air vents with two layers of cheesecloth to prevent floating soot particles from settling into unaffected materials.
- Replace all filters within the air ducts.
- Cover all furniture and upholstery with a bedsheet to avoid any floating soot from settling into the materials and content.
- Use a light coat of oil or petroleum jelly to clean off all soot from any chrome faucets.
- Throw away any food items that were present during the fire.
Fire Damage Repair – What to Avoid
- Do not try to clean the damage yourself as you may only be rubbing the soot deeper within the affected materials.
- Do not eat any food that was exposed during the fire.
- Do not use any electrical appliances that have been affected by the fire or smoke.
Our fire damage cleanup services effectively cover the following services:
- Emergency cleaning of all affected areas
- Contents restoration
- Pack-out services (if applicable)
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
If your property has sustained critical damage from a home or building fire, make sure to call emergency services immediately after the fire department. ServiceMaster by Metzler is available 24/7 at (224) 585-0580 to provide emergency fire and smoke damage restoration services in Chicago, IL and the surrounding areas.