Fire Damage Related Info
Regardless of their size, fires can quickly spread to cause severe damage throughout the home. This is not to mention the health and safety risks of your family or staff in the property. As soon as you can verify the safety of your family and get the fire extinguished, you must call a professional fire damage restoration company right away to salvage your home and the affected surfaces and objects before they become permanently damaged.
ServiceMaster by Metzler provides fire and smoke damage restoration services to restore homes and buildings that have experienced damage from a fire in Elk Grove Village, IL. We use professional equipment and cleaning products to repair the damaged building materials; our technicians will restore structural elements, furnishings, and other objects affected by soot and corrosive byproducts.
Fire Damage Repair
Fires cause many types of damage, including charring, discoloration, and etching; much of this damage will continue to get worse or become permanent in the aftermath of the fire. After the fire is extinguished, soot from the smoke as well as corrosive byproducts that form when synthetic materials are burnt will continue to spread and settle.
These materials can affect walls, furniture, carpeting, and other household objects with etching and discoloration; therefore, failure to restore the affected materials right away can result in permanent damage.
However, the technicians ServiceMaster by Metzler in Elk Grove Village, IL are highly trained to deal with fire, smoke, and soot damage in any scenario and use advanced chemical cleaners to remove tarnishing and etching from vulnerable household surfaces and objects.
Fire Damage Cleanup – Check Out this Video
For fire damage restoration services in the Elk Grove Village, IL area, call ServiceMaster by Metzler at (847) 380-7888.
Our state-of-the-art equipment and cleaning products help us complete the following with our fire damage restoration services:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning and pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
Smoke and Odor Mitigation
In a variety of property fires, the soot, smoke, and corrosive byproducts cause more damage than the fire itself. In addition to the etching and discoloration from soot, smoke can also leave behind a foul odor that can linger and become absorbed by the porous building materials.
Our technicians are equipped to completely remove smoke odor from the air space and affected materials, using advanced methods and technology. Ultimately, the presence of an unpleasant odor in your home after a fire can be very frustrating, making it important to ensure that this odor is removed.
Fire Restoration – What to Do
- Call ServiceMaster by Metzler in Elk Grove Village, IL as soon as you notice fire or smoke damage in your home or building. This is to prevent secondary or even permanent damage to your building materials and content.
- Open drawers, cabinets, and closets to increase air circulation throughout the property.
- Tape two layers of damp cheesecloth over the supply and return registers to prevent additional soot from settling into the materials.
- As long as the refrigerator is off, clean it out of any food that was present during the fire.
- Throw away any food that was exposed to the fire.
- Send any clothing that is needed for immediate use to a professional restoration dry cleaner.
- Change the HVAC filter.
- Wipe off only materials made of porcelain, Formica, chrome, and aluminum of any soot to prevent etching.
- Wipe off any plants leaves that contain soot.
Smoke Mitigation – What to Avoid
- Do not touch anything without gloves. The oil from human hands can cause secondary damage to the affected materials and content.
- Do not attempt to clean any damaged materials yourself. Any improper cleaning techniques can actually worsen the damage.
- Do not use any electrical appliance that has been damaged by the fire.
- Do not turn on the ceiling fan if the ceiling is wet or damp.
Remember that damage from a fire can spread and get worse after a fire is put out so call for fire damage restoration services as soon as possible. ServiceMaster by Metzler is available 24 hours a day to respond with fire damage restoration services in Elk Grove Village, IL and prevent permanent damage in the aftermath of a fire. You can reach us any time at (847) 380-7888 for emergency fire damage restoration.