Professional Mold Removal
Mold growth is a natural occurrence in our environment; however, when it shows up within a home or building, it can lead to major problems. Mold not only causes property damage, including structural damage and discoloration, but it can also cause allergic reactions and other negative health effects, especially in cases of prolonged exposure.
NuEra Restoration and Remodeling provides mold remediation services to effectively remove mold growth from homes and businesses in Elk Grove Village, IL and restore the damage to the affected surfaces. Our technicians are certified and equipped to provide effective mold removal services. In addition, we will fix any moisture problems that may lead to future mold growth.
In order for mold growth to appear, the spores must find an environment that includes a moisture and organic food source, such as cellulose that is found in common building materials.
Because mold uses a substance in the affected surfaces as its food source, it can cause devastating damage to wood, drywall, and other surfaces, forcing you to replace the affected materials. In addition to the physical damage, mold can trigger a range of allergic reactions such as a runny and stuffy nose, itchy eyes and throat, and skin irritation. Prolonged exposure can lead to severe issues such as respiratory infections.
Mold Remediation Process
The technicians of NuEra Restoration and Remodeling in Elk Grove Village, IL are trained and certified to completely remove mold growth from homes and buildings, ensuring that it is eliminated at the source. We use the best cleaning products and equipment while providing accurate testing to locate and remove hidden mold growth.
Watch RestorationMaster Video for more information on Mold Removal Services
You can expect the following basic steps with our mold removal services:
- Total evaluation of the damage and testing
- Report of our evaluation to your insurance company
- Containment of the mold growth to prevent it from spreading
- Water damage restoration if needed
- Formation of a mold remediation plan based on our evaluation
- Mold removal and repair or replacement of the damaged surfaces
Mold Remediation – What to Do
- Call NuEra Restoration and Remodeling in Elk Grove Village, IL right away to remove the mold at its source and prevent it from spreading.
- Dry off any walls containing condensation while avoiding contact with moldy surfaces.
- Limit the humidity and moisture levels within the property by turning on the A/C system or dehumidifier.
- Inspect the HVAC system of your home.
- Always wear protection when present around mold, including eye wear, gloves, and mask.
- As long as outside conditions permit, air out the home by opening the windows and doors.
Mold Removal – What to Avoid
- Do not try to clean any mold with at-home remedies, such as bleach or vinegar. Any improper cleaning techniques can actually worsen the damage and cause it to spread further.
- Do not paint or caulk over any moldy surfaces.
- Do not touch any moldy surfaces directly as it can release its spores and pose severe health risks.
Contact Us for Mold Remediation in Elk Grove Village, IL
Mold growth can spread quickly once it starts growing. In addition, the property damage and health issues associated will only grow worse over time. When this happens, be sure to contact NuEra Restoration and Remodeling in Elk Grove Village, IL at (630) 656-9915 for complete mold remediation. We are available 24/7.
Related Mold Remediation Services
Related Mold Removal Tips and Information
Dealing with seasonal allergies like dust, pollen, and especially mold can be incredibly frustrating. Whether you’re at home, outdoors, or in the workplace, it seems impossible to escape. The constant itching eyes, persistent coughing, and runny nose can quickly become overwhelming. The longing for winter to arrive, just to get relief from these allergies, is an unexpected sentiment. Surprisingly, there are effective ways to alleviate these symptoms. Yes, you read that right! By implementing mold prevention measures, particularly during the fall, you can put an end to your allergy woes. This means you don’t have to count down the days until winter – which, as you rightly noted, brings its own set of challenges.
Discovering mold on your property can be distressing, yet there’s no need for immediate panic. Mold removal professionals stand ready 24/7 to assess and address mold damage. Equipped with expertise and specialized tools, these technicians adeptly eliminate mold. However, determining the right time to engage their services can be challenging. Debates arise regarding the necessity of professionals versus the feasibility of homeowner-led mold removal following thorough research. Opting for a do-it-yourself approach is cost-effective, yet it comes with risks, particularly for those without a construction or restoration background. Certain telltale signs during mold inspection signal the urgency to promptly enlist mold removal and remediation services. These indicators guide homeowners on when to take decisive action.
Discovering mold growth on your property is not only disconcerting but also raises concerns about structural integrity and occupants’ health. Beyond its unsightly appearance, mold can pose significant risks. In the event of a mold infestation in your home, seeking immediate professional mold remediation is strongly advised. While the relief of mold removal is palpable, it’s equally important to derive lessons from the experience. Taking preventive measures becomes essential to thwart the reappearance of mold, thus avoiding the need for further cleanup. Thankfully, there are effective strategies to prevent mold recurrence in your home or building. By implementing these mold prevention tips, you can proactively keep mold at bay and spare yourself the hassle of dealing with its resurgence and subsequent cleanup.
Mold Remediation Frequently Asked Questions
What equipment and materials are needed for mold removal?
1. Air Movers: Air movers help improve air circulation, aiding in drying and reducing moisture levels in affected areas.
2. Dehumidifiers: Dehumidifiers extract excess moisture from the air, preventing further mold growth and promoting a drier environment.
3. Air Scrubbers: Air scrubbers filter and purify the air, removing mold spores and contaminants during the remediation process.
4. Moisture Meters: Moisture meters are used to measure and monitor the moisture content in materials, helping identify areas prone to mold growth.
5. Cleaning Products: Specialized cleaning products and solutions are essential for effectively removing mold from surfaces.
6. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): PPE, including masks, gloves, and protective clothing, safeguards individuals from exposure to mold spores and harmful chemicals during the removal process.
Should I test for mold before or after removal, and how is it done?
You should test for mold before and after the mold removal. You need mold testing before the mold remediation process because it helps the professionals locate the root of mold growth and the extent of mold damage. You should also have mold testing after the mold removal services to make the your property is mold-free and safe to live in.
Can mold removal be covered by homeowners’ insurance?
Whether your insurance covers mold removal fees depends on the reason for mold growth. This makes it even more important to have mold testing. If it is a water damage-related mold growth which means it is a result of flood, burst pipes, roof leak, etc., you may able to file a claim and have the mold remediation expenses covered.
Why and How People Choose a Professional Contractor After a Home Disaster?