When your home or building has recently incurred a new, spotty patch of black, brown, or green color, it probably doesn’t look very nice. Mold can come in many different forms and sizes, depending on the type of building material and how long it was given to grow and develop. However, it is always caused by an excess amount of moisture within a certain area.
As soon as you have noticed mold within your residential or commercial property in the Des Plaines, IL area, call NuEra Restoration and Remodeling for professional mold remediation services. Our technicians are skilled and experienced in all areas of mold growth and removal, thus, they will apply the appropriate products necessary for removing it at its source.
Mold Growth Affecting Building Materials
Once mold has developed, it has the capability of spreading everywhere, affecting new areas that provide an organic material for it to feed on. Unfortunately, the cellulose contained within your building materials, such as wood, particleboard, paint, and drywall provides a perfect host for this fungus to latch onto. Once it has established itself within these areas, it will start to consume the materials, causing severe structural damage. This is why it is important to call NuEra Restoration and Remodeling in Des Plaines, IL right away to limit as much damage as possible.
In addition, it can also affect the indoor air quality by releasing its spores into the air. If they become inhaled, they can cause serious health effects, such as coughing, breathing problems, itchy eyes, and other allergic reactions. In fact, one of the first signs of mold is actually discovered by these side effects.
When called right away, our technicians will arrive to inspect all areas of the home, identifying currently infected areas as well as those that are at risk for future growth. Then, with the use of advanced equipment and products, NuEra Restoration and Remodeling will eliminate all cases of mold growth as well as prevent it from returning and securing areas at risk for future growth.
For professional mold removal services in Des Plaines, IL, contact NuEra Restoration and Remodeling at (630) 656-9915.
The following procedures are conducted within our mold removal services
- Complete inspection of Des Plaines, IL property to identify all areas of mold growth and areas at future risk.
- A thorough evaluation is provided to you and your insurance company.
- Securing of the mold to prevent it from spreading further.
- Complete removal of all mold growth, eliminating the source as well as lightly affected areas.
- Securing of at-risk areas to prevent additional growth in the future.
- Repairing of all building materials, returning them to their original conditions.
Watch RestorationMaster video for more information on mold removal
If you have noticed mold growth in your home, please take these following steps:
- Call NuEra Restoration and Remodeling right away if the property is located in Des Plaines, IL.
- Wipe down any wet building materials.
- Turn on a fan or the air conditioning unit to allow for better air flow throughout the property.
- Turn on the dehumidified to limit moisture levels.
- Inspect the HVAC system for mold.
When inspecting your property for mold, be sure not to do any of the following:
- Do not disturb the mold as it may allow it to spread further.
- Do not place a fan directly in front of the mold.
- Do not paint or caulk over any moldy surfaces.
Contact Us for Mold Remediation in Des Plaines, IL
When it comes to effective mold remediation, it should only be handled by the professionals. This is because it requires specialized products in order to be fully removed. Otherwise, the wrong cleaning technique with home products may cause it to spread further and make matters worse. When contacting mold removal specialists, they will identify all areas and ensure that all cases have been removed.
If you suspect mold or mildew on your property in the Des Plaines, IL area, such as severe allergies, call the professional technicians at NuEra Restoration and Remodeling at (630) 656-9915.
Related Mold Remediation Services
Related Mold Remediation Cleaning Tips
Mold can silently thrive within many homes, often concealed within walls, behind tiles, or beneath suspended ceilings – lurking in hidden recesses. The reasons that you have to remove mold as soon as possible are:
- Mold Can Wreak Havoc in No Time
- Mold Causes Allergy Symptoms
The longer you wait, the more extensive damage it will cause to your house’s structure, the more risks it may cause to your and your family’s well-being, and the more difficult it will be to remove the mold damage.
Rainwater can penetrate and seep into your property’s structural integrity through the roof or ceiling causing not only water damage but also mold growth. Here are the essential steps to take to remediate mold damage and mitigate the consequences.
- Step 1: Identify areas affected by mold
- Step 2: Repair the roof leak
- Step 3: Apply an EPA-registered fungicide
- Step 4: Ventilate the area
- Step 5: Monitor the roof and ceiling
- Step 6: Call in mold remediation professionals
In the event that you observe mold persisting on your patio pavers despite your cleaning efforts, it may be necessary to undertake repeated cleaning cycles until the issue is resolved. Employing a mixture of dish soap and warm water is a recommended approach for mold removal. This solution can be applied to the affected area, allowing it to sit for a duration of 5 to 10 minutes before gently scrubbing with a brush. Should the mold persist even after repeated attempts, enlisting the services of professionals becomes imperative to ensure effective and comprehensive mold removal.
How can I identify mold in my home or property?
- Visible Mold Spores: The presence of visible mold spores, typically appearing as fuzzy patches of discoloration on surfaces.
- Dark Spots on Surfaces: Dark spots or blemishes on walls, ceilings, or other surfaces can be an indication of mold growth.
- Musty, Damp, or Earthy Smell: A musty, damp, or earthy odor in your indoor spaces can be a sign of hidden mold.
- Allergic Reactions: Experiencing allergic reactions like sneezing, itchy eyes, or skin rashes in certain areas of your property.
- Struggle With Respiratory Issues: Difficulty breathing, coughing, or exacerbation of respiratory problems may result from mold exposure.
- Your HVAC System Smells Weird: An unusual or foul smell emanating from your HVAC system can signal mold contamination within the ducts.
- Warped Walls: Walls that exhibit abnormal warping or distortion due to moisture infiltration.
- Dark Tile Grout: Darkened grout lines between tiles can be a breeding ground for mold, especially in damp areas like bathrooms and kitchens.
What are the health risks associated with mold exposure?
Based on the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, being exposed to a substantial quantity of mold spores can lead to allergic manifestations like excessive tearing in the eyes, a runny nose, sneezing, itching, coughing, wheezing, breathing difficulties, headaches, and fatigue. Consistent exposure to mold can increase an individual’s sensitivity, resulting in more intense allergic responses.
What factors contribute to mold growth in indoor environments?
The primary factors that contribute to mold growth include moisture, temperature, the nature of the substrate, and the duration of exposure. Other factors like pH levels, light, oxygen availability, and surface roughness also play a minor role in mold infestation.