At ServiceMaster by Mason, we are proud to help property owners in Providence, RI, prepare for the area’s cold winter months. Among the primary benefits we provide are our frozen pipe damage restoration services.
If you experience a burst or broken pipe at your property, our certified and experienced technicians have the skills required to restore your property from the resulting water damage and return it to pre-loss condition. No matter how big or how small the damage is, we are available 24/7 to return your property to its original condition.
Best Practices to Keep Your Pipes from Freezing
Rhode Island winters can be long, cold, and problematic for property owners. At times, the frigid weather seems like it will never go away. This can take a toll on pipes that are inadequately protected. Common areas with insufficient insulation include attics, exterior walls, unfinished basements, and other exposed locations.
To minimize the odds of your pipes freezing, we encourage you to take the following actions:
- Turn your faucets to a slow drip during cold nights to allow water in your pipes to flow
- Open up cabinet doors beneath sinks to warm up the pipes
- Strategically utilize pipe insulation and electrical tape to better insulate piping
- Carefully warm up at-risk pipes with a space heater
- Shut off your outdoor water supply
- Bring outdoor hoses inside for the winter
Best Practices to Warm Up Freezing Pipes
Even if you prepare your pipes for the winter by adhering to our helpful suggestions there is still a chance your pipes will freeze. Each building is different, and sometimes the piping is simply more exposed to the elements and a lack of heat.
Low water pressure and the presence of frost on your pipes are two telltale signs of freezing pipes. To prevent your frozen pipes from rupturing, we encourage you to take the following actions:
- Attempt to identify which line is freezing to pinpoint the location of the problem
- Inspect the levels of damage to your piping, and contact professionals if you notice any major freezing or bulging
- Warm up your pipes with a hairdryer or heat lamp, but never an open-flamed heating source
- If necessary, remove drywall to gain better access to freezing pipes (drywall is much more convenient to replace than piping)
- Keep water in affected pipes moving by turning on their respective water sources
Burst Pipe Restoration Services
As ice builds up within your pipes, the pipes can expand, leak and even break. If a pipe on your property bursts, your building or home can be flooded with hundreds-to-thousands of gallons of water in almost no time at all. If this occurs on your property, our professional technicians will respond rapidly to remove standing water and excess moisture, dry materials, provide demolition and removal of unsalvageable building materials, and restore affected areas.
This includes furniture, carpeting, walls, piping, books, electronics, personal belongings and more. We will even eliminate any mold growth that begins to take place due to excess moisture and use our commercial-grade products to prevent future mold growth.
To leverage our 24-hour frozen pipes damage restoration services, simply contact our ServiceMaster by Mason representatives at (401) 622-4156. We proudly service property owners in need in Providence, RI, and the surrounding areas.