Seeing your home or business become engulfed by flames is a tough sight to take in because of the damage can occur. If a fire breaks out in your property, your first priority is always to evacuate the building and ensure everyone is safe and accounted for. After that, call your local fire department to have the fire extinguished. Once the flames are out, turn your attention to the repairs and get in touch with a professional restoration service right away. Corrosive byproducts will continue to cause damage even after the flames are out. Not only can such damage become permanent if not treated soon enough, but it can be even more severe than the damage done by the flames.
ServiceMaster of Sarpy County provides fire and smoke damage restoration services to help fire-damaged homes and businesses in Papillion, NE. We will salvage as much of your property and content as possible by using our advanced cleaning products and equipment.
Smoke and Soot Damage
It’s essential that fire damage restoration start promptly following a fire being extinguished. Corrosive byproducts, including smoke and soot, keep spreading throughout your home or business and cause damage. The longer they sit and linger, the worse the damage is, such as discoloration and corrosion. Furthermore, this damage risks becoming permanent if not addressed immediately.
To remove corrosive damage from household surfaces and materials, our technicians use advanced chemical cleaning products. In the event that the fire has severely damaged your property, our technicians will use pack-out services to effectively clean and restore your items offsite.
Fire Damage Restoration Papillion, NE
Fire Restoration – What to Do:
- Immediately reach out to ServiceMaster of Sarpy County for our emergency fire damage restoration services.
- Throw out all food that was present for the fire.
- If you need any clothes immediately, then bring them to a special restoration dry cleaner.
- Replace the filter for your air ducts.
- Take two pieces of damp cheesecloth for every supply and return register in the property, and tape them over each register.
- As long as the weather permits, open up all exterior doors and windows. This increases the air flow in your home or business.
- Open all of your cabinets, drawers, and closets to let them air out.
Fire Restoration – What NOT to Do:
- Do not go into any room or space that has suffered significant electrical or structural damage.
- Do not clean up any of your personal belongings or building materials on your own.
- Do not use electrical appliances unless a licensed technician has provided clearance.
- Do not touch anything unless you’re wearing gloves. The oil in your hands can worsen damage.
- Do not use the ceiling fan if the ceiling has suffered water damage.
Emergency Board Ups
Oftentimes, fires are so damaging to a property’s structure that it is left in an unstable condition. At ServiceMaster of Sarpy County, our technicians will take care of such an issue by using our emergency board up services to immediately stabilize your home or business. This will provide the necessary temporary support until we can do proper reconstruction work, which we are fully equipped to perform.
After contacting ServiceMaster of Sarpy County for fire damage restoration, limit the damage by following these tips:
- Do not clean soot from furniture, drywall, woodwork, and other porous surfaces.
- Do not use the furnace or the air conditioning.
- Do not use your furniture.
- Do not use electronics unless they have been inspected.
- Throw away all food products that were exposed while there was a fire.
If your residential or commercial property suffers a fire, it’s crucial to know that the damage isn’t done once the flames are out. Get in touch with the professionals at ServiceMaster of Sarpy County so that we can begin our fire and smoke damage restoration services as soon as possible.
Our trained, experienced technicians will rebuild structural damage and salvage damaged surfaces, materials, and objects. They will also provide water damage restoration services for building materials that have been damaged by fire hoses.
Call (531) 365-0565 at any time of the day to inquire about the fire and smoke damage restoration services we provide in Papillion, NE.
Related Fire Damage Services: