For a lot of Americans, hoarding is a challenging mental disorder that they struggle with every day. Some people who are affected by hoarding feel alone and are embarrassed by their situation, making them hesitant to seek help. But it’s important that they do seek help, because hoarding can put their safety and well-being at risk.
ServiceMaster of Sarpy County provides hoarding cleanup services to help individuals in Papillion, NE, who are affected by hoarding. Our technicians are experienced in hoarding cleaning, so they know the job needs to be done in a compassionate, respectful, patient manner. We have the affected individual put in charge of the cleaning, only removing items and cleaning the property with their approval.
Dangers of Hoarding
Hoarding is more than just having a messy home. The individual who is affected by hoarding is struggling with severe anxiety that manifests as an inability to part with personal items. From books to collectibles to trash, these items build up and make the individual’s living space unsafe. They’ll block pathways and exits and act as tripping hazards.
If you have a loved one who is affected by hoarding, then it’s important you speak with them about the dangers of their current situation. Convincing them that professional cleaning might be a tough task, but it’s necessary. When they approve of the cleaning, get in touch with ServiceMaster of Sarpy County immediately for the hoarding cleanup services we offer.
Hoarding Cleaning Papillion, NE
Following your call, we will visit the individual’s home to inspect it and give them a free estimate. Once we’ve been approved to move forward with our services, our technicians will work on developing a relationship with the individual. This is an important step in the cleaning process, because we need to earn their trust for them to feel comfortable with us.
The affected individual is in charge of the cleaning, so we will only remove items if they approve of it. Our technicians will then remove biohazards and mold, clean dirt and stains, and disinfect the property so that the home is restored to a healthy, safe living space. If any odors linger, we will remove them as well.
Our hoarding cleanup services include the following procedures:
- Working with respect and compassion: The technicians we employ are not only trained to conduct hoarding cleaning, but they are experienced in the field, too. We know how to properly conduct these services and how to work with individuals affected by hoarding. We put them in charge of the process and only remove items with their approval.
- Removal of unnecessary items: When approved for removal, our technicians sort through the items by value. We suggest what is worth keeping and removing and then put unwanted items in a large trash container for disposal.
- Decontamination: Our technicians will remove mold, biohazards, and bacteria from the property and will also completely sanitize the home. This ensures the individual’s home is restored to a living space that’s healthy and safe to be in.
- Odor removal: If any odors are present or left behind from our work, then our technicians will remove them.
- Working with insurance: To ensure the claims process goes smoothly, our technicians will work with the individual’s insurance provider.
- Review: After our initial service, our technicians will schedule regular checkup appointments so we can make sure the home remains clean. If needed, we can also schedule more cleanings.
Respectful Approach to Hoarding Cleaning
Hoarding cleaning is much more than simply removing unnecessary contents and cleaning a home. It involves developing a connection with the affected individual and earning their trust and respect so that they feel comfortable throughout the cleaning process. Otherwise, the cleaning won’t be successful.
Contact Us for a Free Estimate
For a free estimate regarding the professional hoarding cleanup services that ServiceMaster of Sarpy County provides in Papillion, NE, call (531) 365-0565 where we can be reached on a 24/7 basis.
Related Hoarding Cleanup Services: