Hoarding, a mental disorder, has become an increasingly larger issue in the U.S. However, individuals affected by hoarding may feel embarrassed about their condition, preventing them from reaching out for help. But this is essential as hoarding can put their safety and wellbeing in jeopardy. The clutter of hoarded items can become a fire and/or tripping hazard or even harbor biohazard materials, leading to health concerns.
If you have a loved one who is affected by hoarding in Bellevue, NE, ServiceMaster of Sarpy County can help through hoarding cleaning services. Our experienced technicians are always compassionate with hoarding cleanup, working in a respectful and patient manner. The individual affected by hoarding is in charge, so we will only rid of items and conduct cleaning and disinfection with their approval.
Risks Associated with Hoarding
When someone struggles with hoarding, it results in more than just a messy, cluttered living space; the individual has an anxiety problem that manifests as being unable to part with items. As these items accumulate, the individual’s home becomes unsafe to live in, because the hoarded items act as fire and tripping hazards, block access to rooms and exits, and can include biohazard materials.
If your loved one has a hoarding disorder, take the time to speak with them about their situation and the hazards it poses. Convincing them that they need help and a cleaning service can be tough, but it’s essential for their safety. After they have agreed to get help, give ServiceMaster of Sarpy County a call.
Hoarding Cleaning Bellevue, NE
Following your call, our technicians will arrive to the affected individual’s home to do a primary inspection of their property. We will provide them with a free estimate and after receiving approval, we will begin the cleaning process. Our technicians develop a relationship with them, making sure they feel comfortable with us working with them and their property.
The affected individual is put in charge of the cleaning process; we will not rid of anything unless we receive their approval. After the decluttering process, our technicians will disinfect the home and remove any mold, biohazards, stains, dirt, and other contaminants. Deodorization services are also provided if needed.
Our hoarding cleanup services include the following procedures:
- Working in a compassionate, respectful manner: Our technicians have not only been trained to work with individuals affected by hoarding, but they also have experience with such. The individual is put in charge of the cleaning process, so removal and cleaning are only done with their approval.
- Removing unnecessary items: When going through the unwanted items, our technicians will sort them by value and determine what to dispose of. Items to be disposed of are discarded into a large trash container.
- Decontamination: Our technicians will restore the home to safe, healthy living conditions by doing a complete sanitization and thorough removal of mold, biohazards, and bacteria.
- Odor removal: If any lingering odors remain, our technicians will remove them.
- Working with your insurance: We will ensure a smooth claims process by working with the individual’s insurance provider.
- Review: Following the cleaning, our technicians schedule regular check-in appointments. We will check to see if the property remains clean, and can also schedule any extra necessary cleaning appointments.
Respectful Approach to Hoarding Cleaning
The hoarding cleanup process is more than property cleaning and unnecessary item removal. When working with an individual affected by hoarding, it is important that they are comfortable with the process and treated in a respectful and compassionate manner. Otherwise, the cleanup won’t be successful.
Contact Us for a Free Estimate
For a free estimate regarding ServiceMaster of Sarpy County’s professional hoarding cleaning services in Bellevue, NE, call (531) 365-0565.
Related Hoarding Cleanup Services:
Hoarding Cleaning Services Lincoln, NE
Hoarding Cleanup Company Gretna, NE
Hoarding Cleanup Services Papillion, NE
Hoarding Cleanup Professionals Hastings, NE
Professional Hoarding Cleanup Grand Island, NE
Hoarding Cleaning Services Sarpy County