Seeing your home or other building being engulfed by flames is a terrible experience. Your property and personal belongings are all suffering serious damage, but this doesn’t always mean that hope is lost. If a fire breaks out in your property, then your main priority is to evacuate the building and make sure everyone is safe. Then call the local fire department to have the fire extinguished. Once the fire has been put out, be sure to contact a professional for fire damage restoration. The sooner, the better, because there’s a greater chance at salvaging your property and belongings. Corrosive byproducts will continue to linger even if the flames are out and can be more harmful than the flames.
If your home or business in Bellevue, NE, has suffered fire damage, RestorationMaster can help through the fire and smoke damage restoration services we provide. With specialized equipment and cleaning products, our technicians will work to salvage as much of your fire-damaged property and belongings as we can.
Damage from Smoke and Soot
It’s essential that the fire damage restoration begins promptly after the fire has been extinguished. This is because corrosive byproducts, such as smoke and soot, will keep spreading throughout your property. The corrosive byproducts can cause discoloration, corrosion, and other harm that will become permanent if not treated in a timely manner.
Our technicians can effectively clean and restore these damaged household materials, objects, and surfaces by using advanced chemical cleaning products. In the event that we cannot clean your personal content onsite due to extensive property damage, we will use our pack-out services to take your belongings offsite for complete cleaning and restoration.
If you are in Bellevue, NE, and need professional fire damage restoration services, call (402) 673-6244 for help from RestorationMaster.
Fire Restoration Bellevue, NE
What to Do During Fire Damage Restoration:
- Immediately contact RestorationMaster for emergency fire restoration services.
- Discard all food that was present during the fire.
- If you have any clothes that you need immediately, bring them to a special restoration dry cleaner.
- Replace your home or building’s air filter.
- Take two sheets of damp cheesecloth for every air supply and return register, and tape them over each one.
- As long as weather permits, open all of your property’s exterior doors and windows. This will increase your property’s air flow.
- Air out all drawers, closets, and cabinets by opening them.
What NOT to Do During Fire Damage Restoration:
- Do not go into rooms that have sustained serious electrical or structural damage.
- Do not try to clean anything yourself, especially whatever has been damaged by soot.
- Do not use electrical appliances unless you have been given clearance to do so by a licensed technician.
- Do not come into contact with any damaged materials unless you’re wearing gloves. Your hands contain oil that can worsen the damage.
- Do not use the ceiling fan if the ceiling has been damaged by water.
Emergency Board Up Services
Homes and businesses that have been damaged by a fire often sustain significant structural damage, and this leaves the property in an unstable state. We will use our emergency board up services to stabilize your property promptly. This will provide your home or other building with temporary support until we can conduct proper reconstruction.
After contacting RestorationMaster for our fire damage restoration services, use the following tips to limit the fire damage:
- Throw out any food that was exposed when the fire happened.
- Do not use furniture.
- Do not use any electronics until they have been inspected.
- Do not use your furnace or your air conditioner.
- Do not try cleaning soot from furniture, drywall, woodwork, and other porous surfaces.
If a fire breaks out in your home or business, act immediately to have the flames extinguished and the damage restored. But first, evacuate the building, and make sure that everyone is safe and accounted for. After the flames are out, contact RestorationMaster for fire damage restoration services. We will take care of the restoration by cleaning and salvaging damaged objects and surfaces followed by rebuilding the property structure. We will also provide water damage restoration for building materials that were damaged by the fire hoses.
We can be reached at (402) 673-6244 on a 24/7 basis to provide Bellevue, NE, with fire and smoke damage restoration services.
Related Fire Damage Services:
Fire Damage Restoration Gretna, NE
Fire Restoration Omaha, NE
Fire Damage Restoration La Vista, NE
Fire Damage Repair Elkhorn, NE
Fire Damage Cleanup Papillion, NE
Smoke Damage Restoration Lincoln, NE
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Hastings, NE
Fire Restoration Grand Island, NE
Fire Damage Repair Sarpy County