No one ever wants to see their property fall victim to a fire as fires can cause immense damage in a brief amount of time. There are so many ways a fire can start which makes them possible at any time and anything consumed by the flames will likely be destroyed. If a fire occurs, you need to ensure that the building is evacuated before calling the fire department to put out the fire. As soon as it’s extinguished, you need to begin the restoration process before the lingering smoke and soot cause additional damage.
At ServiceMaster of Sarpy County, we can help homes and businesses in Gretna, NE that have been damaged by a fire with our fire damage restoration services. Our technicians are equipped to provide structural repairs and stabilization, cleaning of soot and smoke damage, and removal of smoke odors.
Damage Caused by Smoke and Soot
The damage caused by the flames is immediate and as soon as the fire is out, this type of damage stops. However, the smoke, soot, and other corrosive byproducts that the fire creates are still present after the fire is out and they will continue to cause additional damage. It is important to start the restoration of your property as quickly as possible after a fire because the damage from smoke and soot will continue to get worse and many common household materials like wood and drywall will experience permanent damage.
Our technicians will immediately evaluate the extent of the damage and start the pre-cleaning process to prevent permanent damage from smoke and soot. We will then stabilize and repair structural damage and clean up the affected areas to get your home or building back to its original state. We can also provide water damage restoration services for building materials that were severely damaged by fire hoses.
Fire Damage Restoration Gretna, NE
What to Do After a Fire
- Call ServiceMaster of Sarpy County as soon as the fire is out to limit the damage.
- Dispose of all food items in your home
- Gather your smoke and soot damaged clothing for restoration dry cleaning
- Replace the filter in your HVAC system
- Put a damp cheesecloth over each return and supply register to filter soot from the air
- Open all doors and windows to help air out the property and reduce the smoke
What Not to Do During a Fire
- Do not enter a space that is structurally unstable
- Do not attempt to clean soot damaged surfaces yourself
- Do not use electrical appliances until they have been inspected and deemed safe
- Do not touch porous surfaces like wood and drywall that have been damaged because the oil from your hands can make the damage worse
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures until they are deemed safe
Board Up Services
Homes and buildings that have sustained extensive damage from a fire will often experience significant damage to the structural core, exterior, and roof. When this happens, the home or building may be left vulnerable and unstable. Our technicians can stabilize and secure your property with our board up services to prevent further damage and even collapse. Once your home or building is temporarily secured, we will be able to proceed with the restoration process.
Make sure you contact ServiceMaster of Sarpy County once the fire department has cleared your property to start the fire damage restoration process. Our technicians will stabilize your property, restore soot and smoke damage, repair structural damage, and remove lingering smoke odors.
You can reach us at (531) 365-0565 for emergency fire damage restoration services in Gretna, NE.
Related Emergency Board Up Services: