The sight of your home and possessions burning in a fire can be deeply traumatic. Fires in homes and buildings happen very quickly and they spread just as fast to cause many layers of damage. During a fire, evacuating the home or building immediately is the main priority to ensure that everyone makes it out safely. After the fire is extinguished, you must turn your attention to the restoration process. Soot and corrosive byproducts hang around in the aftermath and continue to damage your home and belongings.
ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities provides fire and smoke damage restoration services to clean up and rebuild homes and businesses that are damaged by a fire in Grand Island, NE. We respond immediately to stabilize the structural damage and start the pre-cleaning process to reverse the effects of smoke and soot.
Soot and Smoke Damage
Restoring your fire damaged home or business may seem like an impossible task, but calling our professionals immediately after the fire is extinguished will increase the chance of a full recovery. The reason you cannot hesitate to begin the fire damage restoration process is because corrosive byproducts like soot and smoke residue can continue to make the damage worse.
These materials will spread and settle throughout the home or building and damage affected surfaces and objects with tarnishing and etching. The affected materials will become permanently damaged by the corrosive byproducts if they are not restored soon enough.
Our technicians can clean and restore a variety of objects and materials affected by corrosive byproducts with our powerful chemical cleaners. In extreme cases, we can also provide pack-out services to clean and restore your damaged personal items at our facility.
Fire Restoration Grand Island, NE
Fire Damage Restoration Tips
Fire Damage Cleanup – What to Do:
- Increase air flow throughout the property by opening all exterior windows and doors, as long as outside weather conditions permit.
- Open all drawers, cabinets, and closets to allow them to air out.
- Change the HVAC filter to prevent soot from blowing out of the air ducts.
- Place 2 layers of damp cheesecloth over each air supply and return register to prevent soot from settling into at-risk surfaces.
- Deliver any clothing needed for immediate use to a restoration dry cleaner.
- Take out all food from the pantry, refrigerator, cabinets, etc. and dispose of them immediately. Make sure the refrigerator is unplugged before taking out the food.
Fire Damage Repair – What to Avoid:
- Do not clean any affected yourself as improper cleaning methods can cause further damage.
- Do not touch any soot-covered materials. The oil from your hands can cause additional damage.
- Do not enter any room with severe structural or electrical damage.
- Do not use any electrical or heat-related appliances until they have been cleared by a licensed technician or electrician.
Emergency Board-Ups/Reconstruction from Fire Damage
While corrosive byproducts can cause significant damage to your furnishings and personal items, the flames themselves do serious damage to the structural core of your home or building. If the home or building is unstable after the fire is out, the damage is likely to become much worse. We make sure the building is stabilized with our emergency board up services to prevent further structural damage until the building can be properly repaired.
ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities provides complete construction services to rebuild homes and buildings that have sustained heavy damage in a fire.
Once you make the call to ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities, the following tips will help you prevent further damage:
- Do not clean drywall, wood surfaces, furniture, or other porous materials affected by soot and corrosive byproducts.
- Leave your air conditioner or furnace off.
- Do not use your furniture.
- Wait for electronics to be inspected before using them.
- Throw away any food exposed to the fire or smoke.
Dealing with a fire in your home or business is overwhelming, but calling for fire damage restoration services as soon as the fire is out will help limit the damage. We can also provide water damage restoration for parts of the property that were damaged from the fire hoses. If your home or business in Grand Island, NE has been affected by a fire, give ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities a call. We can effectively restore objects damaged by soot and provide full scale construction services to rebuild heavily damaged buildings.
You can call us any time, 24 hours a day at (308) 210-2595 for emergency response in Grand Island, NE and the Tri-Cities area.
Related Fire Damage Cleanup Services:
Fire Damage Repair Services Hastings, NE
Smoke Damage Cleanup Company Lincoln, NE
Fire Damage Restoration Gretna, NE
Smoke Damage Restoration Papillion, NE
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Bellevue, NE
Fire Damage Restoration Sarpy County
Fire Damage Restoration Omaha, NE
Fire Restoration Services Elkhorn, NE
Fire Damage Restoration Company La Vista, NE