The idea of a house fire is terrifying because your entire home can become quickly engulfed which puts you and your family in serious danger. Fires may be even more dangerous in offices and commercial buildings because there are more people to evacuate.
Fire Damage Restoration Elkhorn, NE
The main priority in any fire is safe evacuation but once the fire is extinguished, the restoration must become your top priority. The damage does not end with the fire as the soot and corrosive byproducts will continue to make the damage worse and even permanent.
ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities provides fire and smoke damage restoration services to help homes and businesses that have sustained fire damage in Elkhorn, NE. You must call us as soon as possible to secure your home or building and prevent permanent damage.
Fire Damage Cleanup
There are many different layers of damage that a fire can cause within a home or building. The flames from the fire can char anything in their path and the smoke also causes soot damage and residue on affected surfaces and objects. The damage does not stop when the fire is out either.
There is still soot lingering after a fire, and corrosive byproducts that are formed when synthetic materials are burned also continue to cause etching and discoloration. It takes immediate restoration to prevent the damage caused by soot and corrosive byproducts from becoming permanent. ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities is prepared to handle any degree of fire and smoke damage with our advanced equipment and cleaning products.
We can repair structural damage caused by the fire and we use potent chemical cleaners that effectively remove damage caused by soot and corrosive byproducts from a range of household surfaces and objects.
Fire Damage Repair Elkhorn, NE
Our fire damage restoration services include these steps:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
- Water damage restoration (if necessary)
Fire Damage Repair – What to Do:
- Contact ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities as soon as possible for fire and smoke damage restoration services to prevent the damage from becoming permanent.
- Open up the doors and windows to air out your home and reduce the odor if the temperature outside is over 60 degrees.
- Wipe soot from porcelain, Formica, chrome, and aluminum surfaces to avoid damage.
- Replace the air filter on your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Tape a damp cheesecloth over the return and supply vents to remove loose soot from the air.
- Throw away all open food packages.
- Thoroughly clean your refrigerator inside and out if you have lost power.
- Submit clothing and other fabrics with smoke damage to a professional for restoration dry cleaning.
Fire Restoration – What NOT to Do:
- Do not touch walls, wooden surfaces, or upholstery because the natural oils in your hand can make soot damage on these surfaces worse.
- Do not try to wash walls with soot damage, improper technique could worsen the damage.
- Do not attempt to clean the carpet or upholstery.
- Do not use electrical appliances unless they have been inspected and deemed safe.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.
A fire can cause an incredible amount of damage but reacting quickly with fire damage restoration can help limit this damage and salvage your home or building. Make sure you call ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities right away for fire damage restoration in Elkhorn, NE.
We are ready to answer your call at (531) 365-0565 and respond with fire damage restoration services, 24 hours a day.
Related Fire Mitigation Services: