Flooding is a serious issue because it can cause widespread damage, especially if it happens in your home or building. Rain and outdoor flooding are the main causes of indoor flooding, but your property can also become flooded from an overflow, sewage backup, pipe burst, or serious leak. Indoor flooding can be very destructive as the water penetrates absorbent building materials and causes structural damage while creating favorable conditions for mold.
Water Damage Restoration Elkhorn, NE
ServiceMaster by JLK provides water damage restoration to extract standing water from homes and businesses in Elkhorn, NE. Our advanced equipment helps us remove any amount of flood water and we will ensure that the affected area is completely dried and restored.
What You Can Expect from Us – Water Mitigation
Water Damage Repair
Restoring flood and water damage is one of our main services and our technicians have the training and equipment to respond to any scenario involving indoor flooding and water damage.
Our water extraction and drying equipment are the best of the industry as we can remove standing water as well as moisture from affected materials such as structural elements, furnishings, and personal items.
You must call ServiceMaster by JLK immediately after the flooding begins so we can contain the water and protect the unaffected areas of your home or building. Any hesitation will result in more widespread and significant damage, including mold growth. We start with a free assessment and estimate of the damage and we can help you coordinate any claims with your insurance provider.
Our water restoration services are divided into the following 3 phases:
- Emergency Response: We respond quickly to contain the flooding and fully inspect the damage.
- Water Removal and Drying: We will extract flood water and remove moisture from affected surfaces and objects with our drying and dehumidification equipment.
- Reinstallation and Cleaning: We will clean and restore the building structure caused by flooding and replace any items moved during the process.
Water Extraction – What to Do:
- Contact ServiceMaster by JLK to stop the water from spreading and contain the damage with our water damage cleanup services.
- Soak up excess water by mopping and blot drying.
- Remove non-permanent floor coverings such as area rugs and leave the removal of permanent flooring to professionals.
- Put drapery bottoms through a coat hanger and put the hanger on the rod to keep the drapes off the wet floor.
- Wipe excess water from your furniture and put aluminum foil under the legs to prevent damage to the carpet.
- Move paintings, photos, and other vulnerable objects somewhere safe.
- Leave water damaged books on their shelves to avoid page warping until they can be dried properly with specialized services.
- Keep all internal doors and drawers open to aid the drying process.
Water Damage Repair – What NOT to Do:
- Do not walk into a room with flood water unless the power is shut off.
- Do not use a household vacuum cleaner to remove water.
- Do not remove permanent flooring or carpeting.
- Do not use appliances that are on a wet floor.
- Do not try to remove mold growth yourself.
Indoor flooding can quickly cause devastating damage but a fast reaction can help limit the damage and prevent further problems such as mold growth. If you have experienced flooding in your home or building in Elkhorn, NE, the technicians of ServiceMaster by JLK are prepared to remove the flood water and help recover from the damage.
We are available 24 hours a day at (531) 365-0565 to respond to flood and water damage emergencies.
Related Water Damage Cleanup Services:
Water Damage Mitigation Services Omaha, NE
Water Extraction Fremont, NE
Flood Damage Cleanup Elkhorn, NE
Water Restoration Lincoln, NE
Water Damage Restoration Hastings NE
Water Damage Repair Grand Island NE
Water Restoration Company Bellevue NE
Water Restoration Services Papillion NE
Water Damage Repair Services Gretna NE
Water Restoration Sarpy County