Water Damage Related Info
Excess water and moisture is always a threat to cause damage in a home or building and if water damage occurs, it should be treated as an emergency because it can quickly spread to cause more serious problems.
Common causes of water damage include:
- Plumbing leaks
- Burst pipes
Allowing water damage to spread will not only result in more significant structural damage, but also increase the risk of mold or mildew growth. ServiceMaster Restoration Services provides water damage restoration services in Omaha, NE to thoroughly remove excess water and moisture from homes and businesses. We arrive quickly to the scene to help limit the spread of the damage and we use advanced equipment that can dry and save most items that have been affected by water damage.
What to Do in Case of Water Damage – Check Out Our Video
For professional water damage cleanup in the Omaha, NE area, contact ServiceMaster Restoration Services at (402) 973-3858.
Water Damage Repair – Omaha, NE
Each of our technicians at ServiceMaster Restoration Services has been highly trained to handle all cases of water damage and we use the latest technology and equipment to clean up and dry the furnishings, structural elements, and other affected objects in your home.
You should not hesitate to call our professionals because the sooner we can get to a water loss, the more likely it is we can save your items and stop the damage from spreading any further. Just about any water damaged structural element or object can be saved with quick enough reaction from furniture to important documents.
We offer free inspections and estimates to assess the full scope of the water damage and we also work with local insurance companies to help file your claims.
The water damage restoration services we provide are broken down into these 3 phases:
- Emergency Response: We provide a free estimate and inspection to discover the scope of the damage.
- Water Removal and Drying: We will remove excess water and use our drying equipment to treat content, furnishings, and structural elements.
- Reinstallation and Cleaning: Items that are moved during the restoration are put back in their place and we make sure your home is cleaned up.
Water Damage Mitigation Tips
Flood Cleanup – What to Do:
- Call ServiceMaster Restoration Services in Omaha, NE for water damage restoration immediately because mold and bacteria can grow within hours.
- Mop and blot dry to remove as much water as possible.
- Remove wet area rugs and non-permanent floor coverings. Permanent carpeting must be removed by a professional.
- Keep drapery bottoms off the floor by putting them through a coat hanger and putting the hanger on the rod.
- Wipe off wet furniture and put aluminum foil under furniture legs to protect the carpet.
- Put photos, paintings, and other similar objects in a safe location.
- Keep water damaged books packed together on their shelves to avoid page warping until they can be treated with specialized drying services.
- Open up all drawers and doors including closet and cabinet doors to help the drying.
Water Damage Repair – What to Do:
- Do not walk into a room with standing water unless the electricity is shut off.
- Do not remove water with a regular vacuum cleaner.
- Do not try to remove permanent carpeting yourself.
- Do not use electrical appliances while standing on a wet floor.
- Do not try to clean up mold growth.
Water damage can be a very serious problem without a quick enough reaction so make sure you call ServiceMaster Restoration Services if you discover water damage in your home or building in Omaha, NE. We can effectively stop the spread of the damage and remove excess water and moisture with our advanced drying equipment.
You can reach us 24 hours a day at (402) 973-3858 for water damage emergencies in Omaha, NE.