Fires can be destructive disasters and the fact that they often start without warning just adds to the potential damage they cause. First, ensure that everyone has been safely evacuated, and after the fire is out, the restoration process must begin immediately. This is because the damage from soot, smoke, and corrosive byproducts will spread and become permanent.
Fire Damage Restoration Omaha, NE
ServiceMaster by JLK provides fire damage restoration services in Omaha, NE to clean and restore homes and businesses that have been damaged in a fire. It’s important to call us right away to stabilize your home and begin the restoration process, which can save significant time and money in restoration costs.
Most homes are full of objects made from synthetic materials, including furniture and flooring. When they are burned in a fire, they undergo complex chemical reactions that result in dangerous byproducts and fumes. These corrosive byproducts, along with soot from the smoke, will spread long after the fire has been extinguished, resulting in tarnished surfaces that becomes irreversible without efficient cleaning and restoration.
ServiceMaster by JLK uses the effective cleaning products and equipment to clean and restore fire-damaged homes and businesses . We can also repair furnishings, structural elements, and contents. Throughout our fire restoration process, our technicians use effective chemical combinations to remove tarnishing and etching from chrome, brass, aluminum, porcelain, tile, marble, carpeting, and upholstery. We can also provide water damage restoration services to dry out the building materials drenched from the fire hoses.
Fire Damage Repair in Omaha, NE
The fire damage restoration services we provide consist of these five steps:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
- Removal of soiled materials
- Installation of replacements
- Odor removal
Fire Mitigation Tips
Fire Damage Repair – What to Do:
- Call ServiceMaster by JLK in Omaha, NE for fire damage restoration immediately before the etching and soot damage becomes permanent.
- Air out your home to remove the smoke odor if the outside temperature is above 60 degrees.
- Wipe off chrome, porcelain, Formica, and aluminum surfaces to prevent permanent damage.
- If your furnace uses forced hot air, replace the air filter.
- Filter loose soot from the air by taping a damp cheesecloth over each return and supply register.
- Dispose of any open food packages.
- If you have lost power, clean out the inside of your refrigerator and leave it propped open to dry.
- Save your smoke-damaged clothing and other fabrics for professional restoration dry cleaning.
Fire Damage Repair – What NOT to Do:
- Avoid touching woodwork, walls, or upholstery because the natural oils in your hand can penetrate these surfaces and make any soot damage worse.
- Do not wash soot damaged walls yourself because doing so improperly will worsen the damage.
- Do not try to clean damaged carpeting or upholstery.
- Do not use electrical appliances until they have been inspected for safety.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures on a wet ceiling because that could cause a short circuit.
The damage from a fire can be devastating, but will only worsen until it’s fully cleaned and deodorized. When called right away, we will prevent permanent damage to your structure through efficient fire damage cleanup services.
You can reach us 24 hours a day at (531) 365-0565 for fire damage emergencies.
Related Smoke Damage Restoration Services:
Fire Damage Repair La Vista, NE
Fire And Smoke Damage Restoration Elkhorn, NE
Smoke Damage Cleanup Omaha, NE
Fire Damage Restoration Lincoln, NE
Fire Restoration Gretna, NE
Fire Damage Cleanup Papillion, NE
Fire Damage Restoration Bellevue, NE
Fire Damage Repair Grand Island, NE
Fire Restoration Services Sarpy County
Fire Damage Cleanup Hastings, NE