Water damage is one of the most common issues in homes and buildings because it is tough to keep excess water and moisture out. Rain and flooding can cause water to seep inside and certain problems including pipe bursts, leaking appliances, overflows, and sewage backups can lead to indoor water damage at any time. The reason excess water is so damaging is because it is absorbed into porous building materials where it can cause serious damage and trigger mold growth.
ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities provides water damage restoration and cleanup services to remove excess water from homes and businesses in Grand Island, NE. Our technicians use advanced water extraction and drying equipment to ensure that all excess moisture is removed from the affected materials.
Most materials and furnishings within a home or building are porous which is what makes excess water a threat to cause damage. Building materials like woodwork, drywall, flooring, and furnishings absorb water, causing it to penetrate deeper into the building and affect a larger area. These materials become structurally weak as they absorb more water, leaving them vulnerable to serious damage that can threaten the structural integrity of the home or building.
Mold is also a major concern in cases of water damage because excess moisture is the main cause of indoor mold growth. The appearance of mold can not only increase property damage, but also lead to serious health effects.
Licensed and Experienced
At ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities, our IICRC-certified technicians will immediately contain the excess water and use our advanced water extraction and drying equipment to remove it from affected furnishings and building materials.
Once we have removed standing water, we place our dehumidifiers and drying equipment throughout the home or building to thoroughly dry affected materials and objects. This prevents serious damage to the affected materials as well as mold growth by removing all excess moisture.
Water Damage Restoration Grand Island, NE
Water Mitigation Tips
Water Mitigation – What to Do:
- Call ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities right away to prevent the damage from spreading.
- Mop up any wet areas or blot dry them if there is not a significant amount of water.
- Prop up any wet sofa cushions and pillows to allow them to dry faster.
- Remove any curtains, furniture skirts, and other draperies from the wet floor. Hang on a hanger to dry.
- Hang up any wet area rugs as long as they are not tacked down to the floor.
- Remove any items that are not tacked down to the floor. Place in a high, dry, location.
Water Damage Repair – What NOT to Do
- Do not enter any room with significant electrical or structural damage.
- Do not remove any books from their places. Instead, pack them tightly on the shelf to prevent warping of the pages.
- Do not extract any water with a household vacuum or shop vac.
- Do not disturb visible mold.
- Do not use any electrical machinery until the technicians have arrived.
- Do not remove any carpeting that is tacked down to the floor.
Our water damage restoration services include the following steps:
- Emergency Response: We are available to respond to your emergencies 24 hours a day. Our technicians will immediately contain and assess the damage before creating a restoration plan.
- Water Extraction and Drying: We can remove standing flood water with our water extraction equipment. After the standing water is removed, advanced drying and dehumidification equipment is used to dry affected business materials and furnishings.
- Reinstallation and Cleaning: The entire affected area is cleaned and restored after the water is removed. During the cleaning, we will move large objects like furniture and appliances and we will put them back when the cleaning is complete.
- Structural Repairs: Any structural damage caused by the water can be repaired with our reconstruction services.
- Mold Removal: ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities will also provide mold removal using professional products and equipment. We will also prevent it from returning in the future.
Any hesitation to deal with water damage can quickly turn a minor issue into a major problem. The excess water will cause further damage and increase the risk of mold growth the more time it is given to spread. If your home or business in Grand Island, NE is affected by excess water, contact ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities as soon as possible for water damage restoration services.
You can reach us 24 hours a day at (308) 210-2595 for emergency services.
Related Water Damage Cleanup Services: