While flooding is every homeowner’s worst nightmare, the damages that follow can be even worse than discovering a swimming pool in your basement. This is not to mention the mold growth that can occur within the high levels of moisture. It can grow unnoticed while your home and belongings are recovered after a flood or water damage.
ServiceMaster by Mason specializes in mold remediation services for all property owners in Waterford, CT. Our advanced equipment will not only eliminate all cases of mold growth found after a flood, but identify and treat hidden areas as well. In addition, we ensure that other areas of your home or building are dry and secured to avoid additional cases in the future.
Mold Testing in Waterford, CT
If you are concerned about the presence of mold at your home or business, ServiceMaster by Mason can provide mold air quality testing as well as mold removal services in the Waterford, CT area. Our owner, Ryan Mason, is certified by the Professional Mold Inspection Institute, allowing our team to conduct air quality tests for microbial growths within properties of all types.
We have already aided property owners, assisted living facilities, real estate agencies, and healthcare offices and more to sample for air quality. These tests will identify the presence of mold, what type it is, and total air/spores count to determine if they are normal, abnormal and more. Our team will then collect air, swab, tape or bulk item samples, sending them via overnight express to a Certified Laboratory for fast results.
For more information on our mold air quality testing services, mold cleanup and removal services, or to schedule an appointment, please give us a call at (860) 455-4969.
When it comes to mold, there are not many required conditions in allowing it to grow. Areas of the home, including attics, basements, and garages, are perfect breeding grounds for bacteria to accumulate and develop mold spores. However, it has the ability to permeate in the air by releasing its spores, causing a dangerous health risk for you and your family. This is especially true for sensitive individuals including babies, the elderly, and pets.
However, ServiceMaster by Mason ensures the safety of all individuals residing in the home or building by using personal protective equipment (PPE). Powerful but safe products will also be used to effectively eliminate all cases of mold growth and secure high risk areas for the future.
Mold Removal Tips
For mold remediation services in Waterford, CT, call ServiceMaster by Mason at (860) 455-4969.
Mold Cleanup – What to Do:
- Call ServiceMaster by Mason right away in order to contain the mold within the affected area.
- Close all windows and doors if there are high humidity levels outside.
- Secure all sources of moisture by allowing for proper air circulation. Turn on the fans and HVAC system.
- Remove any condensation or moisture that might be lingering on any unaffected walls. This lowers the risk of spreading the mold.
- Always wear protective clothing when present around the mold. That includes a mask, eye wear, and gloves.
- Inspect other areas that may be prone to mold, such as: crawlspaces, basement corners, on the ceiling, and other dark, moist areas.
Mold Removal – What NOT to Do:
- Never use any home remedies to try to clean the mold yourself. Any combined chemicals or using bleach alone will only irritate it and spread it further.
- Avoid all direct contact with mold as it has the potential to cause severe illness.
- Do not disturb any mold that is present, including cleaning, touching, drying, or covering the mold.
- Do not try to paint or caulk the affected surfaces that are damaged by mold.
Our mold remediation process consists of the following steps:
- Mold contamination assessment
- Environmental engineering controls
- Restorative drying
- Mold remediation
- Pack-out and storage
Mold Testing and Evaluation
Because mold can spread quickly, it is vital to locate hidden mold while testing the air for the level of contamination. If you suspect mold growth in your home or building in Waterford, CT, do not hesitate to contact ServiceMaster by Mason for mold remediation services. We offer a thorough visual inspection of mold including surfaces and content, floors, and even behind walls and ceilings. If air quality readings are necessary, we can recommend an experienced third party provider.
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (860) 455-4969 for mold removal services in Waterford, CT and the surrounding communities.
Related Mold Removal Services: