Mold is particularly troublesome because it can grow almost anywhere and quickly spread after a water loss or damage has occurred. Once mold begins to grow on your property, it is extremely difficult to remove without professional assistance. To make matters worse, it can spread with ease, and pose a risk to your building, belongings, and health.
At ServiceMaster by Mason, we offer mold inspection, cleanup and remediation services to property owners in Manchester, CT and the surrounding areas, to address these problems.
The Dangers of Mold Growth
While mold can grow in a variety of situations, it occurs more frequently when some level of water damage is present on your property. This is because mold thrives on the excess moisture. As the mold grows and spreads, it can eat away at various surfaces and building materials to cause structural damage to your property and damage to your belongings. It can also incite severe asthma and allergic reactions, respiratory infections, illness and other affects to those who are exposed.
At ServiceMaster by Mason, we contain all visible mold growth on your property to prevent it from spreading to unaffected areas, while we work. We then remove it while making use of personal protective equipment (PPE). This adds an extra layer of safety for you and our experienced technicians.
Mold Damage Cleanup – Check Out Our Video
For professional mold remediation in Manchester, CT, call ServiceMaster by Mason at (860) 455-4969.
Mold Removal Services
In order to effectively remove mold growth from your property, we must first provide a detailed visible inspection and can work with Environmental Hygienists for air quality testing, when needed
Once mold has been located, we work to contain it. After it has been contained, we utilize state-of-the-art mold removal equipment, products and techniques to remove it, and prevent future mold growth.
When you choose to take advantage of our mold cleanup and remediation services, you can expect the following:
- An assessment of mold contamination
- Environmental engineering controls
- Restorative drying
- Mold remediation services
- Pack-out and storage services to restore your belongings
Mold Damage Restoration – What to Do and What Not to Do
When mold grows on your property, there are several things that you should and should not do. Please see below for our recommended best practices:
- Contact our ServiceMaster by Mason representatives as soon as possible.
- Close windows and doors if it is raining outside.
- Reduce moisture through fans and dehumidifiers.
- Dry off walls (and other surfaces) to prevent the mold from spreading.
- Wear protective equipment when dealing with mold (e.g. a mask, eye protection, gloves, etc.).
- Do not attempt to remove the mold yourself.
- Do not touch the mold.
- Do not point a fan directly at the mold.
- Do not cover surfaces affected by the mold.
Get a Free Estimate
To take advantage of our mold remediation services, contact our ServiceMaster by Mason representatives at (860) 455-4969. We are proud to assist property owners in Manchester, CT.