Mold growth can occur within a home if the conditions have a favorable temperature, humidity and moisture level. Mold tends to grow on building materials such as wood and drywall that contain cellulose which is a major food source for mold, and they can cause a number of health problems in addition to destroying surfaces. The only way to rid a home of mold is to completely remove or decontaminate the affected materials through a process called remediation. ServiceMaster Restoration of Montgomery, Frederick, Howard & Washington Counties provides mold remediation services to Rockville, MD.
The professional staff of ServiceMaster Restoration of Montgomery, Frederick, Howard & Washington Counties undergoes continuous education and hands-on training to maintain certification for mold remediation. We receive training and certification from The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification; Restoration Industry Association; and American Council for Accredited Certification to name a few. This continued training and certification allows our staff to provide effective mold remediation services for Rockville, MD using state-of-the-art technology and drying equipment.
Prevention is the best strategy against mold growth but when mold does occur, it is important to locate and eliminate the moisture source that is causing the growth. ServiceMaster Restoration of Montgomery, Frederick, Howard & Washington Counties offers Rockville, MD a 5-Step Mold Remediation Process:
- Assess the Damage: Our staff uses state-of-the-art moisture meters to detect moisture in walls, ceilings, wood floors, and other areas of a home susceptible to mold growth.
- Extract and Dry: We use high quality water extraction and dehumidification equipment to remove water from floors, walls, cabinets, carpets, and upholstery to prevent mold growth from spreading.
- Seal-Off Contaminated Areas: By sealing off affected areas, the risk of airborne spores spreading to other areas is greatly reduced.
- Remove Affected Materials: Our professionals remove any drywall or other building materials affected by mold growth.
- Final Stage: We use a HEPA-vacuum over the sealed-off affected areas.
If the area within a home affected by mold is larger than 10 square feet, it may be necessary to get an assessment and a protocol for services from an Industrial Hygienist before ServiceMaster Restoration of Montgomery, Frederick, Howard & Washington Counties can begin mold remediation work. Contact ServiceMaster Restoration of Montgomery, Frederick, Howard & Washington Counties 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for mold remediation services in Rockville, MD. Our staff has the equipment and expertise to handle any mold remediation needs.
Contact us at 301-605-9440 for a free quote today!