Mold can grow within a home if it has the proper moisture, humidity, and temperature. The fungus often grows on surfaces and materials that contain cellulose, because mold uses that as a food source. That said, drywall and wood are among the surfaces that mold tends to grow on—and, in turn, cause damage to. Any affected materials and surfaces must either be removed or thoroughly decontaminated to completely eliminate mold from the home. In Gaithersburg, MD, ServiceMaster Restoration of Montgomery, Frederick, Howard & Washington Counties can help homes with mold growth through the mold remediation services we offer.
Our staff is not only properly certified to conduct mold remediation, but they also do continual education and hands-on training to remain knowledgeable about the industry. With this, our professional technicians know how to provide mold remediation services in an effective manner by using state-of-the-art equipment and technology. At ServiceMaster Restoration of Montgomery, Frederick, Howard & Washington Counties, we are certified by and receive training from the following organizations: Restoration Industry Association; The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification; and American Council for Accredited Certification.
Our 5-Step Mold Removal Process Includes the Following:
- Damage Assessment: To properly detect moisture within flooring, ceilings, walls, and more, our staff uses state-of-the art moisture meters.
- Extraction and Drying: To thoroughly dry out carpeting, upholstery, floors, cabinets, walls, and the rest of your property, our staff uses quality water extraction and dehumidification equipment.
- Seal-Off Contaminated Areas: To prevent airborne mold spores from spreading to new areas of your property and causing further damage, our staff seals off all areas affected by the fungus.
- Removal of Affected Materials: Our staff will remove building materials that have been affected by the mold growth.
- Final Stage: For affected areas that we have sealed-off, our staff uses a HEPA-vacuum.
In the event that your property has mold damage that covers more than 10 square feet, then an Industrial Hygienist should assess the area before we conduct any work on it. For mold remediation services in Gaithersburg, MD, call ServiceMaster Restoration of Montgomery, Frederick, Howard & Washington Counties. Not only are our staff well trained and properly equipped to work with mold, but we are also available for such services on a 24/7/365 basis.
Give us a call at 301-605-9440 for a free quote.