Sometimes a flood can occur without warning and if the water is not cleaned up quickly, it could cause permanent damage to your property or furnishings. ServiceMaster Professional Services provides water damage restoration and flood repair services to homes and businesses in the Maple Grove and Brooklyn Park, MN area. We consider water damage repair to be an emergency service which is why we are on call to respond to water damage restoration needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Make sure to contact us immediately after a flood so we can begin mitigating the damage to save you costs on insurance claims.
Our technicians at ServiceMaster Professional Services are dedicated to providing the best water and flood damage repair services and use the latest cleaning products, methods, and equipment available.
What to do after water damage
It is important to contact ServiceMaster Professional Services as soon as the flood damage occurs to begin the cleanup process. Once you place the call, you can perform these following actions as you await the arrival of our technicians:
- Remove standing water by mopping or blot drying.
- Remove soaked area rugs and other floor coverings.
- Put drapery bottoms through a coat hanger and put the hanger on the drapery rod to keep them off the floor.
- Wipe water from wet furniture, put foil under the furniture legs, and prop up the cushions to help with the drying.
- Put all photos and paintings in a safe and dry location.
- Open up drawers, doors, and closet doors for more effective drying.
What NOT to do after water damage
- Do not walk into a flooded room until the power is turned off.
- Do not use a vacuum cleaner to remove excess water.
- Do not remove permanent carpeting without assistance.
- Do not use any electrical appliances on a damp floor.
- Do not try to clean mold or mildew growth.
- Do not remove any wet books from the shelf; keep them packed together tightly so the pages do not warp.
Our water damage restoration process includes:
- Inspection and assessment
- Water removal
- Anti-microbial application
- Drying: Air movement
- Drying: Dehumidifying
- Drying: Monitoring
When major flooding or water damage has occurred in your home or building, there is a chance that the water is also contaminated with sewage. Natural flood waters commonly mix with sewage before entering a building and sewage backups in which sewage comes into a building through the pipes and drains can happen at virtually any time. If you suspect that the water in your property is mixed with sewage, you need to avoid any contact with the water. Sewage water contains viruses, bacteria, and other harmful microorganisms that can cause infection or disease in those who are exposed. Water mixed with sewage also causes more extensive damage which makes it important to react quickly.
Our technicians at ServiceMaster Professional Services are trained and equipped to clean up sewage contaminated water and raw sewage from a backup. We will ensure that all sewage water is effectively removed and we will also remove or restore the damaged materials and furnishings. After the sewage is removed, the entire affected area will be cleaned and sanitized to eliminate health risks.
Homes or businesses in the Maple Grove and Brooklyn Park, MN area that have sustained flood damage can contact ServiceMaster Professional Services at 763-301-5000 for our water damage repair services. We are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond immediately to flood repair emergencies.