Few disasters are as destructive to a home as a fire and if the right action is not taken after the flames are extinguished, the smoke and fire damage can become permanent. RestorationMaster provides fire damage restoration and smoke cleanup services to homes and businesses in need of fire damage repair in the Maple Grove and Brooklyn Park, MN area. With these services, we can salvage furnishings and personal belongings that have sustained smoke or fire damage.
Our staff at RestorationMaster is highly trained and experienced to provide fire damage restoration services with an understanding of which chemical combinations are effective for removing soot and smoke damage from various surfaces. With this knowledge, we can effectively remove soot from at-risk surfaces such as brass, aluminum, chrome, marble, tile, porcelain, and fabrics such as carpets and upholstery.
What to do after smoke and fire damage
- Contact RestorationMaster immediately for fire damage repair services because corrosive byproducts can cause permanent etching within 72 hours.
- Air out your home if the temperature is above 60 degrees to reduce the smoke and odor.
- Clean Formica, chrome, porcelain, and aluminum surfaces to prevent permanent damage.
- Change the furnace filter if it uses forced hot air.
- Filter loose soot from the air by placing a damp cheesecloth over all returns and supply registers.
- Dispose of open food containers.
- If the electricity goes out, thoroughly clean the refrigerator and leave it open to dry.
- Smoke damaged clothing can be treated with our restoration dry cleaning services.
What NOT to do after smoke and fire damage
- Do not touch any surfaces with soot or smoke damage because oils from your hands can make damage to walls, woodwork, and upholstery much worse.
- Do not wash damaged walls because doing so improperly will make the soot residue worse.
- Do not attempt to clean damaged carpet or upholstery.
- Do not use electrical appliances until they are inspected for safety.
- Do not use fixtures on a wet ceiling.
We use the best cleaning products and equipment of the industry to provide high quality fire damage restoration and smoke cleanup services. Our five-step fire damage repair process includes:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
Smoke Damage and Odor Removal
Seeing the fire on your property extinguished is a relief, but this will not put an end to the damage. After the fire is extinguished, the corrosive byproducts created by the fire, including soot, smoke, and residue, will continue to spread throughout the property and cause additional damage. Building materials and objects affected by these materials will experience discoloration and etching and this damage is likely to become permanent without quick and effective restoration. Our technicians use highly effective cleaning products that can remove damage caused by soot and oily residue from affected objects and building materials.
Smoke odor is another issue that is common in the aftermath of a fire. The odor from smoke is pervasive and it gets absorbed in porous materials and air spaces as it spreads throughout the property. The only way to effectively eliminate smoke odors is to remove the odor particles at their source. At RestorationMaster, we can thoroughly eliminate smoke odors from your property using advanced equipment and deodorization techniques.
If your home or business in the Maple Grove and Brooklyn Park, MN area has been damaged in a fire, do not hesitate to contact RestorationMaster at 763-301-5000 for fire damage repair. Our staff is ready to take your call 24 hours a day.