Fires can strike property with little to no warning and they often leave buildings devastated in their wake from smoke and fire damage. RestorationMaster provides emergency smoke and fire damage restoration and cleanup services to homes and businesses in Bloomington, MN, and the surrounding areas. Our professional staff is highly trained to perform quality fire repair and cleanup services with expert knowledge in chemical combinations that are effective for cleaning and salvaging damaged items. We can safely restore at-risk surfaces such as brass, aluminum, marble, chrome, tile, porcelain, and fabrics such as upholstery and carpet.
What you Should DO after fire damage
- Call for professional help immediately because corrosive byproducts can cause permanent damage within 72 hours.
- Air out the house to eliminate smoke odors if the temperature is above 60 degrees.
- Prevent permanent etching by cleaning Formica, chrome, porcelain, and aluminum fixtures.
- Change the air filter on furnaces using forced hot air.
- Put a damp cheesecloth oversupply registers and returns to filter loose soot from the air.
- Throw away open food containers.
- Thoroughly clean out your refrigerator if you lose power.
- Give us your smoke-damaged clothing for our restoration dry cleaning services.
What NOT to do after fire damage
- Do not touch damaged surfaces; hand oils can cause more damage to upholstery, walls, and woodwork.
- Do not wash the walls because incorrect cleaning can make soot damage worse.
- Do not attempt carpet or upholstery cleaning.
- Do not use electrical appliances without having them inspected.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures on a wet ceiling.
Our trained staff provides effective fire damage restoration and cleanup services using the industry’s latest cleaning products and equipment.
Our five-step smoke and fire damage restoration process includes the following steps:
Smoke Damage and Odor Removal
It is important to remember that most damage in a fire is secondary damage caused by soot and smoke. These corrosive byproducts are created by the heat of the fire and they will continue to spread through the property after the fire is out. Soot can cause tarnishing and etching to the objects and surfaces it affects and this damage will become permanent if the soot is not properly removed. Our technicians use powerful chemical cleaners that will remove soot damage from a variety of surfaces and objects, saving them from permanent damage.
The odors from the fire and smoke are also a problem and will linger long after the fire is out. The odor particles get absorbed in building materials, furnishings, and air spaces, making them difficult to remove. We use advanced deodorization methods including ozone treatments and hydroxyl deodorization to extract the odor particles and leave your property odor free.
Be sure to contact RestorationMaster at (952) 592-1103 immediately if your home or business has sustained fire damage in Bloomington, MN. Our team is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide prompt fire damage restoration and repair services.
Related Fire Damage Restoration Services: