Fires can cause severe damage to a home in an instant and if the proper action is not taken immediately, much of the smoke and fire damage can become permanent. RestorationMaster provides fire damage and smoke damage restoration services to homes and businesses in Willmar, MN that have been damaged in a fire. We can help salvage property and personal items by completely restoring smoke and fire damage.
RestorationMaster has a highly trained staff that performs smoke and fire damage cleanup with an understanding of chemical combinations that can remove soot and smoke damage from many surfaces. Our staff can remove soot safely from such at-risk surfaces as brass, aluminum, chrome, marble, tile, porcelain, and fabrics such as carpets and upholstery.
What to do after smoke damage
- Call us immediately for fire damage and smoke cleanup because corrosive byproducts may cause damage to become permanent within 72 hours.
- Eliminate smoke odor by airing out your home if the temperature is above 60 degrees.
- Prevent permanent etching by cleaning Formica, chrome, porcelain, and aluminum surfaces.
- If your furnace pushes forced hot air, change the filter.
- Cover returns and supply registers with a damp cheesecloth to filter soot from the air.
- Throw away open food packages.
- Clean out the refrigerator if the power is out.
- Submit your smoke damaged clothing to us for restoration dry cleaning services.
What NOT to do after smoke and fire damage
- Do not touch soot or smoke damaged surfaces because your hand oils can cause further damage to walls, woodwork, and upholstery.
- Do not try washing the walls because using improper methods could compound the soot residue.
- Do not try to clean carpets or upholstery.
- Do not use electrical appliances that have not been inspected.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling or the fixture is wet.
Our trained staff provides effective smoke and fire damage cleanup using the best cleaning products and state-of-the-art equipment available. Our five-step fire damage restoration process includes:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
Smoke Damage and Odor Removal
The damage from a fire is not done when the fire is out as smoke, soot, and other corrosive byproducts will linger after the fire and cause additional damage. When synthetic materials are burned, chemical reactions cause the creation of soot and residue which will spread and settle throughout the property. The materials affected by the soot and corrosive byproducts will experience discoloration and etching and if they are not quickly restored, this damage will become permanent. We can effectively clean and restore objects and materials affected by soot using advanced chemical cleaning products.
The smoke odors are another problem that can linger after the fire is out. As the smoke spreads throughout the property, porous building materials and furnishings absorb the smoke odor which is why it is difficult to get rid of. Our technicians can remove the smoke odors at their source using advanced deodorization techniques that extract the odor particles from the affected materials.
If a fire should strike you property in Willmar, MN, contact RestorationMaster at 320-227-3000 immediately for fire damage and smoke damage restoration services. We are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond promptly to emergency situations.