Flooding and excessive moisture within a home can cause damage to your property and furnishings if it is not cleaned up quickly. RestorationMaster provides flood and water damage clean-up services to homes and businesses that have sustained damage from flooding or excessive moisture in Willmar, MN. Flood damage cleanup is an emergency service so we are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond quickly to water damage restoration needs. It is crucial to call us immediately after discovering the damage because waiting will result in higher insurance claims.
The staff of RestorationMaster is dedicated to bringing you the highest quality flood and water damage cleanup services which is why we use only the best products, procedures, and equipment of the industry.
What to do after water damage in Wilmar, MN
When water damage occurs, the first thing you should do is contact RestorationMaster to limit the damage and begin the restoration process.After placing the call, perform these actions to help get the process started:
- Mop or blot dry to remove excess water.
- Remove area rugs and floor coverings that have been soaked.
- Keep draperies off the floor by propping them to the drapery rod with a coat hanger.
- Wipe water from furniture, put aluminum foil under furniture legs, and prop up the cushions to dry.
- Move photos and paintings to a safe, dry location.
- Keep all doors and drawers open to help the drying process.
What NOT to do after water damage
- Do not enter a room that has standing water unless the power has been turned off.
- Do not try to remove standing water with a vacuum cleaner.
- Do not try to remove permanent carpeting yourself.
- Do not use electrical appliances while standing on a wet floor.
- Do not disturb mold or mildew growth.
- Keep damaged books on the shelf and pack them together tightly to keep the pages from warping.
Our water damage restoration process includes:
- Inspection and assessment
- Water removal
- Anti-microbial application
- Drying: Air Movement
- Drying: Dehumidifying
- Drying: Monitoring
Sewage Backup Cleaning in Wilmar, MN
When dealing with water damage, it is important to know if there may be sewage in the water. You may be dealing with sewage if there was a sewage backup in the home or building or if there is flood water that is mixed with sewage before entering the building. If the water may be contaminated, you need to keep your distance because sewage water contains harmful toxins and bacteria that can cause infection and disease. Sewage water can also cause more extensive damage than clean water because the affected materials absorb the waste materials with the water.
At RestorationMaster, we can provide sewage cleanup to safely remove sewage water from a flood or a sewage backup. We will ensure that all sewage water is extracted from the affected materials and we will either repair or replace the damaged materials depending on the extent of the damage. We will also thoroughly clean and sanitize the affected areas so that they are safe to enter.
If your home or business is in need of flood damage cleanup or water damage restoration services in Willmar, MN, contact RestorationMaster at (888) 915-7197. We are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so do not hesitate to call as soon as you discover water damage.