When fires occur, they leave behind a wave of destruction that could leave a home or building devastated and unsafe. It is important to act quickly after a fire and RestorationMaster provides fire damage cleanup services for homes and businesses in Eden Prairie, MN. With our fire and smoke damage cleaning services, we can salvage and restore damaged belongings and help mitigate the losses to save money on insurance claims.
Our staff at RestorationMaster is highly trained to provide quality fire damage restoration and smoke damage cleanup and we are experts with chemical combinations that are effective for removing soot and smoke damage from delicate surfaces. This expertise allows us to remove soot from surfaces that include aluminum, chrome, brass, tile, marble, porcelain, and fabrics such as carpet and upholstery.
What to do after fire damage:
- Call us for help immediately because within 72 hours, corrosive byproducts can cause etching or soot damage to become permanent.
- If the outside temperature is above 60 degrees, open your doors and windows to air out the house.
- Avoid permanent tarnishing by cleaning Formica, chrome, porcelain, or aluminum surfaces.
- Change the filter on a furnace that runs on forced hot air.
- Filter loose soot from the air by taping a damp cheesecloth over each supply and return register.
- Dispose of open food containers.
- If you lose power, thoroughly clean out the refrigerator and prop the doors open to dry.
- Save smoke damaged clothing for our restoration dry cleaning services.
What NOT to do after fire damage:
- Do not touch surfaces with smoke or soot damage because oils from your hand can cause further damage to upholstery, walls, and woodwork.
- Do not wash the walls because improper cleaning methods will compound smoke and soot damage.
- Do not clean carpets or upholstered furniture.
- Do not use electrical appliances that have not been tested or inspected.
- Do not use wet ceiling fixtures.
Our staff uses only the best cleaning products and equipment of the industry to ensure that we provide high quality fire damage restoration and smoke damage cleanup. Our five-step fire damage cleanup process includes:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
Smoke Damage and Odor Removal
Just because the fire on your property has been extinguished, that does not mean that the damage is done. Fires create corrosive byproducts such as smoke, soot, and oily residue by burning synthetic materials and these materials will continue to spread and damage your property after the fire is out. Building materials, furnishings, and other objects affected by these corrosive byproducts will experience discoloration and etching. If these materials are not restored quickly, the damage is likely to become permanent. Our technicians can save the materials damaged by soot and residue using advanced cleaning products that can reverse the effects.
In addition to the soot and smoke residue, smoke odors are also a problem in the aftermath of a fire. Smoke odors can linger in a home or building because porous building materials and furnishings will absorb and trap the odor particles. The odor can only be effectively removed if the odor particles are extracted from the affected materials. Our technicians use advanced deodorization methods and equipment to extract odor particles from affected furnishings, air spaces, and materials. Our odor removal services will effectively remove the lingering smoke odor from your property.
If your home or business in Eden Prairie, MN has been damaged in a fire, contact RestorationMaster at 888-583-5345 immediately for fire damage cleanup services. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to emergency fire damage restoration needs.