Water damage often occurs as a result of floods or excessive moisture within a building and if the damage is not treated right away, it could become permanent. RestorationMaster provides water damage restoration and flood cleanup services for homes and businesses in Eden Prairie, MN that have been damaged by excessive water. Water damage cleanup is an emergency service and we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for a quick response. Make sure to contact us immediately after sustaining water damage to help keep the damage contained and limit losses which can save costs on insurance claims.
The technicians of RestorationMaster are dedicated to providing the best water and flood damage cleanup services to restore your property which is why we use only the most advanced cleaning products, procedures, and equipment of the industry.
What to do after water damage
Once you discover water damage on your property, you should immediately contact RestorationMaster for water damage restoration. After the call has been placed, you can start the process with the following actions:
- Remove standing water by mopping or blot drying the area.
- Remove area rugs and floor coverings that have been soaked.
- Put drapery bottoms through a coat hanger and put the hanger on the drapery rod to keep the drapes off the floor.
- Wipe down wet furniture, prop up the cushions to dry, and put aluminum foil under the legs of the furniture.
- Remove paintings and photos and put them in a safer, dry location.
- Open up all doors, drawers, and closet doors for better drying.
What NOT to do after water damage
- Do not walk into a room with standing water if the power is still on.
- Do not try to clean up water with a household vacuum cleaner.
- Do not remove permanent carpeting without the help of a professional.
- Do not use electrical appliances while standing on a wet floor.
- Do not try to clean up mold or mildew growth.
- Do not remove wet books from their shelf; keep them packed tightly together to avoid warping the pages.
Our water damage cleanup process includes:
- Inspection and assessment
- Water removal
- Anti-microbial application
- Drying: Air movement
- Drying: Dehumidifying
- Drying: Monitoring
Dealing with a large amount of water in your home or building is frustrating, especially if the water is also contaminated by sewage. There is a good chance that there is sewage in the water if water from a natural flood has affected your property as flood waters often mix with sewage. Sewage water can also end up in your home or building if there is a backup in the sewage system. Either way, it is important to exercise caution when dealing with water that may be contaminated because sewage contains dangerous toxins and microorganisms that can have detrimental effects on your health. You must react right away to reduce the risk of damage and negative health effects.
Our professionals at RestorationMaster are trained and equipped to deal with sewage in homes and buildings. We can safely remove raw sewage and sewage contaminated water with our advanced equipment, and we will clean and disinfect the affected areas to help prevent negative health effects. We will also examine the extent of the damage caused by the sewage and either restore or replace the damaged materials.
Make sure to contact RestorationMaster at 888-583-5345 immediately after discovering flood or water damage in your home or business in Eden Prairie, MN. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to water damage cleanup emergencies.