When a fire strikes your property, make RestorationMaster your first response team for cleaning up smoke, fire, and water damage to your home or business.
When disaster strikes, calling the professionals at RestorationMaster is one of the smartest moves you can make. We’ll handle all aspects of smoke, fire, and water cleanup for your property, with scheduling 24 hours a day. By coordinating with your insurance adjuster and providing solutions when you need them most, we work as a team to relieve you from the stress of dealing with extensive property damage. Business owners, builders, and property managers count on RestorationMaster to be their first response team when smoke, fire, or water damage requires a fast and thorough cleanup of smoke odor, soot, ash, mud, and debris. Using only the finest products and equipment to clean surfaces in your home or business, we restore your property to its pre-fire condition.
Fire Damage Restoration in Minneapolis, MN
The professionals of RestorationMaster in Minneapolis, MN 55407, are experts in understanding the chemical combinations that can effectively clean and salvage belongings. We can even remove soot from at-risk items such as brass, aluminum, chrome, marble, tile, and porcelain as well as fabrics in upholstery and carpeting, thus helping to avoid additional expenses.
What to Do After Smoke or Fire Damage
- Corrosive byproducts can cause irreversible etching in as few as 72 hours. Call us for professional help
- If the temperature is above 60 degrees, air out the house to reduce smoke odor
- Clean Formica, chrome, porcelain and aluminum fixtures to prevent permanent tarnishing or etching
- Change the air filter on your furnace if it uses forced hot air
- Tape a damp cheesecloth over return and supply registers to capture loose soot in the air
- Discard any open food packages
- If the electricity is off, clean out the refrigerator and leave the doors propped open
- Send clothing with heavy smoke damage to our qualified restoration dry cleaner
What NOT to Do After Smoke and Fire Damage
- Do not touch anything. Oil from your hands can permeate upholstery, walls, and woodwork, causing additional damage
- Do not wash walls. Incorrect cleaning could compound soot residue
- Do not attempt to clean carpets or upholstered furniture
- Do not use electrical appliances until having them checked
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet
We use the latest equipment and supplies in our five-step fire and smoke restoration process:
RestorationMaster is a no-fault first response team that helps you restore your property when disaster strikes. When fire, soot, and smoke damage threatens to take over your home or business, call our experts for the expertise needed for professional restoration. We will respond immediately with well-equipped technicians ready to go to work.
Soot and Smoke Damage Cleanup
The fire itself only causes a portion of the damage, the smoke and soot it leaves behind often cause more extensive damage after the fire is out. The heat from the fire causes chemical reactions that create soot and oily residue that will spread and settle on the property after the fire is out. Objects and materials affected by these byproducts will experience discoloration and corrosion if not cleaned up properly. Our technicians can clean and restore a wide range of objects and materials damaged by soot with powerful chemical cleaners. This will help prevent permanent damage.
Smoke odors are also a problem after a fire. The odors get absorbed in porous building materials and furnishings which is why they linger. We use advanced deodorization techniques including hydroxyl deodorization and ozone treatments to extract the smoke odors and effectively eliminate them from your property.
Call us at (952) 592-1103 or use the form on the right to request a quote for RestorationMaster fire damage cleanup services in Minneapolis, MN 55407 area.