A fire can strike a property at any time and when it does, be sure to contact RestorationMaster in Plymouth, MN. We provide fire damage restoration as well as fire and smoke damage cleanup services for homes and businesses.
The professional staff of RestorationMaster in Plymouth, MN has an expert understanding of the chemical combinations that can successfully clean up fire and smoke damage and salvage property and belongings. We can eliminate soot and smoke damage from any items such as brass, aluminum, chrome, marble, tile, porcelain, and even fabrics such as carpets and upholstery. Our staff is trained to handle every aspect of fire damage restoration which may include cleanup of property, removal and replacement of drywall and insulation, removal of flooring, and structure evaluation.
What TO DO After Smoke or Fire Damage
- Call us for professional help immediately because permanent etching can occur within 72 hours.
- Air out the house or building if the temperature is above 60 degrees, this will help eliminate smoke odor.
- Clean any Formica, chrome, porcelain, and aluminum fixtures immediately to avoid permanent tarnishing or etching.
- If your furnace uses forced hot air, change the air filter.
- Put damp cheesecloths over the supply and return registers to capture any loose soot.
- Throw away open food containers.
- If the power is out, clean the refrigerator and leave the door propped open.
- Clothing with heavy smoke damage should be taken to our qualified restoration dry cleaner.
What NOT To Do After Smoke or Fire Damage
- Avoid touching anything, the oil from your hands can penetrate upholstery, walls, and woodwork which causes additional damage.
- Do not wash the walls; washing them incorrectly may compound the soot residue.
- Do not clean your carpets or upholstered furniture.
- Refrain from using electrical appliances until they are checked.
- If the ceiling is wet, do not use any ceiling fixtures.
Our five-step smoke and fire damage restoration process involves the latest equipment and supplies:
- Emergency Pre-cleaning
- Content Cleaning
- Content Pack-out
- Wall and Ceiling Cleaning
Smoke Damage and Odor Removal
In many cases involving a fire, the majority of the damage is actually caused by the smoke and soot created by the heat of the fire. Extreme heat causes chemical reactions when synthetic materials are burned which creates smoke, soot, and oily residue. These corrosive byproducts are still present after the fire is out and they will settle on various surfaces and objects, causing etching and tarnishing to the affected materials. If the effects of these corrosive byproducts are not cleaned right away, the affected surfaces and objects will become permanently damaged. Our technicians use advanced chemical cleaners to restore damage from soot and oily residue from a range of objects and materials.
The odor that smoke leaves behind is also a problem that is difficult to resolve. This is because odor particles get absorbed and trapped in porous building materials, air spaces, and furnishings. Because of this, smoke odors will linger and they cannot be covered up by air fresheners. At RestorationMaster, we use advanced odor removal techniques to extract the odor particles from the affected areas and eliminate the lingering odor.
For fire damage restoration and smoke cleanup services in Plymouth MN area, call RestorationMaster at 763-301-5000.