An unpleasant odor within your home or building can be annoying and it is sometimes bad enough to make it difficult to stay within the building. There are many sources that can lead to lingering odors, including mold and water damage, pets, smoke from a fire, and cigarette smoke, and these odors are difficult to eliminate from your property. Porous materials including wood, drywall, and furnishings absorb odor particles, trapping them within the materials and causing the odor to linger. Household methods are not enough to remove persistent odors. At ServiceMaster Professional Services (SVMPS), we can eliminate odors from homes and businesses in Maple Grove, MN with our odor removal services. We use state of the art equipment and methods to remove odor particles and treat the affected materials and air spaces.
Problems with Foul Odors
Foul odors tend to be persistent within a home or building as they spread throughout the air space and get absorbed in porous materials. The absorption of the odor particles is what makes it so difficult to get rid of odors from your property with household methods. Air fresheners will not cover up the odor, the odor particles must be extracted using advanced techniques to guarantee effective odor removal. It is also necessary to locate the source of the odor. At SVMPS, our professionals will treat the source of the odor and ensure that the odor particles are completely removed.
Our odor removal services can treat the following:
- Furniture upholstery
- Air spaces
Sources of Unpleasant Odors
A foul, lingering odor can come from many sources, and each of them are difficult to remove. Our technicians commonly remove the following types of odors:
- Flooding: Property affected by water damage, flooding, or mold growth may become affected by a musty smell. The odor will be more pungent if the water contains sewage.
- Fire and Smoke: Fires create foul odors by burning materials within the home and the smoke it creates can also have a lingering odor.
- Pets: Pets are a major source of household odors as they may have a natural smell and cause additional odors with their accidents.
- Cigarettes: Cigarette odor is strong and very persistent. It gets absorbed in clothing, carpeting, and furniture upholstery.
- Biological Materials: Mold, bacteria, blood, and other biological materials can leave behind foul odors.
Professional Odor Removal from SVMPS
Our technicians at SVMPS use the best deodorization equipment and methods available to remove all lingering odors from your home or business. We can effectively treat affected building materials, furnishings, and air spaces with absorption technology and ozone or hydroxyl treatments to extract the odor particles. You can expect the following steps from our odor removal services:
- Location and treatment of the odor source
- Odor particle extraction from damaged materials
- Air washing
- Final inspection to ensure the odor is removed
If a foul, lingering odor is making it difficult to be in your home or building, contact SVMPS to remove it with our odor removal services. Our advanced deodorization methods will help eliminate any lingering odors and leave your property odor free. Give us a call at (763) 301-5000 for our odor removal services in Maple Grove, MN.