Water damage is a major problem for properties because excess moisture is absorbed by the building materials and increases the risk of mold growth. Water damage weakens the materials that absorb it and causes damage to the structure of the building.
Heavy rain, flooding, burst pipes, and other plumbing issues are all potential causes of water damage, but regardless of the source, this problem should not be ignored. Left unattended, water damage will only continue to spread and weaken the building’s structural core.
ServiceMaster EMT offers quality water damage restoration services for homes and businesses suffering from water damage in Santa Fe Springs, CA. We will remove excess moisture and standing water with our advanced water extraction and drying equipment. We will also restore or replace damaged personal belongings based on the severity of the damage.
Problems Caused by Water Damage
Water damage is considered an emergency because of how quickly it is absorbed into permeable materials, such as drywall, wood, flooring, and furniture, and spreads throughout the building. The affected furnishings and materials may warp, rot, or experience discoloration as they continue to absorb water. Excess water in drywall and wood can weaken the structure of the building and cause serious structural damage.
Mold growth is a big problem that stems from water damage because it grows in areas with heavy moisture. Mold can appear as quickly as 48 hours after the initial water damage and the longer it is unaddressed, the more likely it is to pose a threat to your health.
Water Damage Restoration Santa Fe Springs, CA
If your property has water damage, DO
- Contact ServiceMaster EMT for professional water damage restoration services
- Blot and/or mop water
- Keep all draperies off the floor
- Wipe down wet furniture
- Put valuable photos, documents, and personal belongings somewhere safe
- Pack water-damaged books together to avoid warping
- Open doors and closets to create air flow
If your property has water damage, DO NOT
- Enter a room with standing water if the electricity is on
- Attempt to vacuum the water
- Remove permanent flooring
- Use any electronics if property is still wet
- Clean mold yourself
Water Restoration Services
Our professionals at ServiceMaster EMT are properly trained to handle water damage of any size and restore the damage the water has done to your belongings. We are equipped with advanced water extraction and dehumidification equipment in order to remove standing water and moisture.
Our water damage restoration technicians will:
- Remove standing water
- Dry and humidify damaged furnishings
- Clean and restore damaged items and areas
- Clean carpeting, upholstery, and rugs
- Dry and restore water-damaged documents and photos
- Restore water-damaged electronics
- Mold removal
Call (949) 877-1999 for ServiceMaster EMT’s emergency water damage restoration services in the Santa Fe Springs, CA area.
Related Water Damage Restoration Services:
Water Extraction Huntington Beach, CA
Water Extraction Santa Ana, CA
Water Extraction Lake Forest, CA
Water Extraction Anaheim, CA
Water Extraction San Diego, CA
Water Extraction Los Angeles, CA
Water Extraction Ontario, CA