There are a number of sources that can lead to water damage, such as heavy rain, plumbing issues, burst pipes, and many more. But regardless of where it’s coming from, water damage must be restored right away to prevent it from spreading into other areas of your property.
RestorationMaster is available 24/7 in Los Angeles, CA and the surrounding areas to provide water damage cleanup services to fully restore homes and buildings to their original conditions. Our technicians have years of training and experience, using advanced equipment and products to quickly extract excess water and start the drying process. All soiled materials will then be replaced and hard surfaces will be cleaned.
Taking immediate action to call our technicians is imperative due to how quickly it spreads, increasing both time and money spent during the restoration process. In the situation of flooding, excess water will take the path of least resistance, usually making its way through the walls and floors. During this process, water is absorbed by wood, drywall, carpeting, and other porous materials.
Water Damage Restoration Los Angeles, CA
Water Damage – What to Do:
- If the outside temperature is above 60 degrees, use dehumidifiers if available.
- Use fans to circulate the air and assist drying.
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe furniture dry.
- Lift draperies off carpet, loop through a coat hanger, and place the hanger on the drapery rod.
- Prop up wet furniture cushions for even drying and place small wood blocks or aluminum foil under furniture legs.
- Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings.
- Open furniture drawers, closet doors, and luggage to enhance drying.
- Move photos, paintings, and art objects to a safe, dry location.
- Remove wet fabrics and dry them as soon as possible. Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
- Remove damp books from shelves and spread out to dry.
- If damage occurs during a cool season, leave heat on; if in summer, use an air conditioner if available.
Water Damage – What to Avoid
- Do not use an ordinary household vacuum to remove water.
- Do not use electrical appliances while on wet carpet or wet floors.
- Do not go into rooms with standing water if the electricity is still on.
- Do not lift tacked down carpet without professional help. Lifting the carpet incorrectly could promote shrinkage.
- Do not wait to call for professional water damage restoration from RestorationMaster. Damage from the water and bacteria growth can begin within hours.
At RestorationMaster, our technicians are well-equipped to handle water damage disasters of all sizes, using professional equipment and products in all parts of our process. Specifically, dehumidification and water extraction equipment will remove all excess water and moisture from both the building materials and air spaces. We will then clean and restore all items affected by water and bacteria. RestorationMaster can also provide mold removal services, if necessary.
What to expect from our water damage restoration process:
- Initial inspection and assessment of the damage
- Water extraction and dehumidification
- Post-restoration monitoring of the drying process
Call (949) 666-8450 to request a quote for RestorationMaster’s 24/7 water damage restoration services in the Los Angeles, CA area.
Related Water Damage Restoration Services
Water Damage Restoration Anaheim, CA
Water Damage Restoration Santa Ana, CA
Water Damage Restoration Huntington Beach, CA
Flood Cleanup Santa Fe Springs, CA
Water Damage Restoration San Diego, CA
Water Damage Restoration Lake Forest, CA
Water Damage Restoration Ontario, CA