Water damage claims increase substantially if prompt action is not taken to contain the damage. This is not to mention the damage spreading to other areas throughout the property. Porous surfaces, such as wood, drywall, and insulation will be the quickest to absorb the water, making this an emergency to call for professional restoration services.
ServiceMaster EMT is available in the Lake Forest, CA area to provide emergency water damage restoration services. Our technicians are on standby 24/7 to not only extract the water from the affected area but dry out the space, ensuring to prevent mold growth.
The main issue with water damage is that it can start and spread in seconds, causing severe structural damage. There are 3 categories of water damage: clean water, grey water, and sewage water. Depending on the category, permanent damage can be caused as a result.
This is why all water damage cases are considered as emergencies. To make matters worse, mold can start growing in as little as 48 hours after water damage, dispersing its spores into the air and causing a number of health issues. It will also spread to other areas of the property through the HVAC system if not removed right away.
Water Damage Restoration Lake Forest, CA
When handling water extraction, ServiceMaster EMT will arrive soon after receiving your first call, removing all excess water from the affected spaces. They will then set up powerful dehumidifiers and other drying equipment to start the drying process; this may take several days to complete.
Our cleaning professionals will then use advanced products, procedures, and equipment to ensure the highest level of cleaning performance and protection for property and furnishings. We will also contain and remove any mold, followed by spraying anti-microbials to ensure it won’t return in the future. Finally, ServiceMaster EMT will work with your insurance provider during the claims process to allow for additional peace of mind.
What to do if you have water damage:
- If the outside temperature is above 60 degrees, use dehumidifiers.
- Use fans to circulate the air and assist drying.
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe furniture dry.
- Lift draperies off carpet, loop through a coat hanger, and place the hanger on the drapery rod.
- Prop up wet furniture cushions for even drying and place small wood blocks or aluminum foil under furniture legs.
- Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings.
- Open furniture drawers, closet doors, and luggage to enhance drying.
- Move photos, paintings, and art objects to a safe, dry location.
- Remove wet fabrics and dry them as soon as possible. Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
- Remove damp books from shelves and spread out to dry.
- If damage occurs during a cool season, leave heat on; if in summer, use an air conditioner if available.
Important warnings on water damage:
- Do not use an ordinary household vacuum to remove water.
- Do not use electrical appliances while on wet carpet or wet floors.
- Do not go into rooms with standing water if the electricity is still on.
- Do not lift tacked down carpet without professional help. Lifting the carpet incorrectly could promote shrinkage.
- Do not wait to call for professional help. Damage from the water and bacteria growth can begin within hours.
Call 888-767-9075 24/7 to request a quote for ServiceMaster EMT water damage restoration services in Lake Forest, CA.
Related Water Damage Restoration Services:
Water Damage Restoration Services Anaheim, CA
Water Damage Restoration Company Santa Ana, CA
Water Damage Restoration in Huntington Beach, CA
Water Damage Restoration Professionals Santa Fe Springs, CA
Water Damage Restoration Contractors San Diego, CA
Water Damage Repair Los Angeles, CA
Water Damage Repair Services Ontario, CA