What can often be overlooked about water is its ability to cause significant damage to homes and buildings. Building materials can absorb water, which damages the materials and can trigger mold growth. There are many ways that water damage can occur, including natural events like rain and natural flooding and internal issues like burst pipes and plumbing leaks. Regardless of what sourced the water, the damage is something you should not ignore because it becomes increasingly worse as time goes by. Additionally, the longer water damage goes unaddressed, the greater chance there is for mold to grow.
With our water damage restoration services in Santa Ana, CA, ServiceMaster EMT can help homes and businesses that have suffered damage from excess water or flooding. Using advanced water extraction and drying equipment, our technicians will eliminate the excess water and moisture from your property. Then, we proceed with our services by restoring your property of the damage it has sustained.
Damaged Caused by Excess Water
No matter the extent of the problem, you need to respond to water damage promptly. Any water that porous building materials and furnishings absorb spreads quickly, so you need to act immediately to limit the damage. The water damages the structure of these materials and it will only worsen as more water is absorbed. There’s also the matter of how water damage creates an ideal environment for mold growth. This damage can then become permanent if not addressed quickly enough.
Water Damage Restoration Santa Ana, CA
Call ServiceMaster EMT at (714) 975-8448 if you need professional water damage restoration services in Santa Ana, CA, and the neighboring areas.
Do the following if your home or business is the site of flooding or water damage:
- Contact ServiceMaster EMT right away for our professional water damage restoration services.
- Blot dry and/or mop up the water.
- Grab a hanger to place the draperies on. Then hang the coat hanger up on the curtain rod so that the draperies aren’t on the floor where it’s wet.
- Wipe down any water that’s on furniture, and prop up the cushions to help speed the drying process.
- Place any vulnerable items, such as important documents and photos, in a dry, safe place.
- To prevent them from becoming warped, keep water-damaged books on a shelf packed together.
- To allow for better drying, open the doors to closets and cabinets.
Do NOT do the following if your home or business is the site of flooding or water damage:
- Do not enter any room that contains standing water if the electricity is on still.
- Do not use a regular vacuum to extract water.
- Do not try removing carpeting or any other permanent flooring.
- Do not, if the floor is wet, use electrical appliances.
- Do not try cleaning up any mold growth.
Water Damage Restoration Process
Properly equipped, our technicians can take care of any water damage case no matter the amount of harm done. We will conduct a full restoration of your damaged property. To remove standing water and excess moisture, we use our advanced water extraction and dehumidification equipment. Then, we proceed with the cleaning and restoration of the damaged areas.
Within our water damage restoration services, you can expect the following:
- Removing standing water
- Drying and dehumidification of damaged furnishings and affected areas
- Cleaning and restoration for damaged areas
- Cleaning for area rugs, carpets, and upholstery
- Drying and recovery for documents
- Electronics restoration
- Removing mold
Indoor flooding must be addressed right away, because it can result in a significant amount of damage. The flooding might be a result of a flash flood, a pipe burst, or something else. Regardless of the source, a lot of water will enter your home or business and leave standing water. Porous building materials and furnishings will then continually absorb the standing water and cause structural damage. With our help and water extraction equipment, we will thoroughly eliminate the standing water in your home.
If unaddressed, water damage will cause serious problems, including structural damage and potentially mold growth. Call ServiceMaster EMT if you have a water damage on your property.
Call ServiceMaster EMT at (714) 975-8448 at any time of the day for the emergency water damage restoration services we provide in Santa Ana, CA.
Related Water Damage Restoration Services:
Water Extraction Services in Lake Forest, CA
Water Damage Restoration in Santa Fe Springs, CA
Water Damage Repair in Huntington Beach, CA
Flood Damage Restoration in San Diego, CA
Water Mitigation in Anaheim, CA
Water Damage Restoration Services in Los Angeles, CA