Not only do fires put people’s lives at risk, but they can cause a substantial amount of damage to your home or business. There are few disasters more devastating than fires. A fire can break out at any time, and it will quickly damage your property as it spreads throughout the place. To limit the amount of damage, the fire needs to be put out promptly. Secondary damage by corrosive byproducts, such as smoke and soot, is done after the flames are extinguished. This means that the damage isn’t done spreading until proper cleaning and restoration is conducted for your property.
With our fire and smoke damage restoration services in Santa Ana, CA, ServiceMaster EMT can help homes and businesses that have suffered fire damage. Upon arriving at your property, we immediately stabilize the building to prevent it from becoming damaged further. We will then begin with pre-cleaning work, restoring any materials and objects that have suffered smoke and/or soot damage.
Fires feature various layers of damage. A fire’s flames will first harm your property’s structural elements and furnishings. Then, smoke, soot, residue, and other corrosive byproducts spread throughout your property and do their own damage to the building materials and objects. Corrosive byproducts are produced by the burning of synthetic materials, and they will still be around to linger even after the fire has been put out. That said, it’s important to get restoration work done immediately to limit the amount of damage done.
Corrosive byproducts can cause etching and discoloration, which become permanent if not properly cleaned. Our technicians are equipped with cleaning products that thoroughly eliminate the effects of corrosive byproducts for numerous household materials, such as upholstery, carpeting, tile, and more.
Fire Damage Restoration Santa Ana, CA
Limit the fire damage your property has suffered by doing the following:
- Get in touch with ServiceMaster EMT right away for our emergency fire and smoke damage restoration services.
- So long as the temperature is over 60 degrees, you should open all doors and windows to help air your property out.
- Wipe down Formica, chrome, aluminum, and porcelain surfaces to prevent further damage.
- Switch your furnace’s air filter.
- To filter soot from the air, take damp sheets of cheesecloth, and place one over each return and supply register.
- Discard your food containers.
- In the event your power is out, clean out your refrigerator completely.
- If you have smoke-damaged clothes, save them to be cleaned by a specialized dry-cleaning service.
After a fire, refrain from the following actions:
- Do not come into contact with any surface that suffered soot damage. Your hand has oils that can cause further damage.
- Do not clean any soot damage. Improper cleaning methods can worsen the damage.
- Do not clean any carpeting or upholstery.
- Do not, until they have been inspected and approved for use, operate any electrical appliances.
- Do not use any of the ceiling fixtures if they are hanging from a wet ceiling.
Fire Restoration Process
At ServiceMaster EMT, our technicians are properly trained and equipped to repair and restore fire-damaged properties, handling the whole process. This includes structural repairs and treating damaged materials and objects. With our help, your home or business will be effectively restored to its previous condition.
Within our fire and smoke damage restoration services, we will provide the following:
- Stabilization and board-ups
- Cleaning soot
- Water damage restoration (if necessary)
- Cleaning damaged contents and building materials
- Cleaning carpeting, rugs, and upholstery
- Restoring electronic equipment
- Pack-out services
- Restoration dry cleaning
Smoke odors are a non-physical result of a fire, and they can keep lingering long after a fire is out, even after restoration work is done. Porous materials absorb the odor particles, trapping them which makes it tough to remove the smell. Our technicians extract these odor particles from affected materials and air spaces by using advanced deodorization equipment and methods: hydroxyl technology, Nano carbon technology, ozone technology, and thermal fogging.
You should never wait to seek restoration help after your property has suffered damage in a fire, because the damage will continue to worsen — even if the fire is already out. Knowing this, get in touch with the technicians at ServiceMaster EMT promptly so we can limit the damage and repair and restore your damaged property.
For emergency fire and smoke damage restoration services in Santa Ana, CA, call (714) 975-8448, where we can be reached on a 24/7 basis.
Related Fire Damage Restoration Services:
Fire Damage Restoration in Santa Fe Springs, CA
Smoke Damage Restoration in Los Angeles, CA
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration in Lake Forest, CA
Fire Damage Restoration Company in San Diego, CA
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Company in Huntington Beach, CA
Fire Damage Restoration Services in Anaheim, CA