Not only do fires put people’s lives at risk, they can also cause critical damage to your home or business. Starting at any time, it will char your your home or building as it spreads. To limit the damage, it must be put out promptly. Secondary damage by corrosive byproducts, such as smoke and soot, will also spread after the flames are extinguished. This is why it’s crucial to react right away to contact a local restoration company.
With our fire and smoke damage restoration services in Santa Ana, CA, ServiceMaster EMT can help homes and businesses that have suffered fire damage. Upon arriving, we will immediately stabilize the building to prevent additional damage from outside sources. Our technicians will then begin with pre-cleaning work, restoring any materials and objects that have suffered smoke and/or soot damage.
Fires incur multiple layers of damage. The flames will first char your property’s structural elements and furnishings. Then smoke, soot, residue, and other corrosive byproducts spread and cover the remaining building materials and objects in a thick, oily residue. Corrosive byproducts are produced by the burning of synthetic materials, and will linger even after the fire is out. This is why it’s important to have restoration work done immediately to prevent as much damage as possible.
Corrosive byproducts can cause etching and discoloration, which become permanent if not properly cleaned. Our technicians are equipped with cleaning products that thoroughly eliminate the effects of corrosive byproducts for numerous household materials, such as upholstery, carpeting, tile, and more.
Fire Damage Restoration in Santa Ana, CA
Limit the fire damage your property has suffered by doing the following:
- Get in touch with ServiceMaster EMT right away for our emergency fire and smoke damage restoration services.
- If the temperature is over 60 degrees Farenheit, you should open all doors and windows to help air out your home or building.
- Wipe down Formica, chrome, aluminum, and porcelain surfaces to prevent further damage.
- Switch your furnace’s air filter.
- To filter soot from the air, take damp sheets of cheesecloth, and place one over each return and supply register.
- Discard your food containers.
- In the event your power is out, clean out your refrigerator completely.
- If you have smoke-damaged clothes, save them to be cleaned by a specialized dry-cleaning service.
After a fire, refrain from the following actions:
- Do not come into contact with any surface that suffered soot damage. Your hand has oils that can cause further damage.
- Do not clean any soot damage. Improper cleaning methods can worsen the damage.
- Do not clean any carpeting or upholstery.
- Do not, until they have been inspected and approved for use, operate any electrical appliances.
- Do not use any of the ceiling fixtures if they are hanging from a wet ceiling.
Fire Restoration Process
At ServiceMaster EMT, our technicians are properly trained and equipped to repair and restore fire-damaged properties, handling the whole process. This includes structural repairs and treating damaged materials and objects. With our help, your home or business will be effectively restored to its previous condition.
Within our fire and smoke damage restoration services, we will provide the following:
- Stabilization and board-ups
- Cleaning soot
- Water damage restoration (if necessary)
- Cleaning damaged contents and building materials
- Cleaning carpeting, rugs, and upholstery
- Restoring electronic equipment
- Pack-out services
- Restoration dry cleaning
Smoke odors are a non-physical result of a fire, and they can keep lingering long after a fire is out, even after restoration work is done. Porous materials absorb the odor particles, trapping them which makes it tough to remove the smell. Our technicians extract these odor particles from affected materials and air spaces by using advanced deodorization equipment and methods: hydroxyl technology, Nano carbon technology, ozone technology, and thermal fogging.
You should never wait to seek restoration help after your property has suffered in a fire, because the damage will continue to worsen — even if the fire is already out. Knowing this, get in touch with the technicians at ServiceMaster EMT promptly so we can limit the destruction and repair and restore your damaged property.
For emergency fire and smoke damage restoration services in Santa Ana, CA, call (714) 975-8448, where we can be reached on a 24/7 basis.
Related Fire Damage Restoration Services:
Fire Damage Restoration Santa Fe Springs, CA
Smoke Damage Restoration Los Angeles, CA
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Lake Forest, CA
Fire Damage Restoration San Diego, CA
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Huntington Beach, CA
Fire Damage Restoration Anaheim, CA
Fire Damage Restoration Ontario, CA