It is difficult to imagine a worse disaster than a fire as fires cause devastating damage to homes and buildings and put lives at risk. A fire can start at any time and it only take a few minutes for it to spread and affect a significant area of the property. It is important to have the fire put out as quickly as possible, but the damage does not stop once the flames are out. Corrosive byproducts like smoke and soot are still present and will continue to cause damage until the building is effectively restored.
ServiceMaster EMT provides fire and smoke damage restoration services in Anaheim, CA to repair the damage caused by the fire and clean the effects of smoke and soot. Our technicians will stabilize the building immediately to prevent further damage and start the pre-cleaning process to restore objects and materials damaged by smoke and soot.
Fires cause many different layers of damage as the flames destroy furnishings and structural elements and the corrosive byproducts left behind will continue to spread and damage objects and building materials after the fire is out. Corrosive byproducts like smoke, soot, and residue are created when synthetic materials are burned by the flames. These elements will still be lingering after the fire which is why it’s important to start the restoration process quickly.
The objects and materials affected by soot and residue will experience discoloration and etching which will become permanent without proper cleaning. Our technicians have the right cleaning products to effectively remove the effects of soot and residue from a range of household materials including aluminum, chrome, brass, tile, porcelain, carpeting, and upholstery.
Fire and Smoke Damage – Check Out This Video:
For emergency fire and smoke damage restoration services in Anaheim, CA, contact ServiceMaster EMT at (714) 975-8448.
If a fire occurs on your property, you can help limit the damage by taking the following actions:
- Call ServiceMaster EMT immediately for fire damage restoration
- Open doors and windows to air out your property if the temperature is above 60 degrees
- Wipe off aluminum, chrome, porcelain, and Formica surfaces to prevent damage
- Change the air filter of your furnace
- Put a damp cheesecloth over each return and supply register to filter soot from the air
- Dispose of food containers
- Clean your refrigerator out completely if the power is out
- Save smoke damaged clothing for specialized dry-cleaning services
You need to avoid these actions after a fire has occurred:
- Do not touch surfaces affected by soot because the oils of your hand can worsen the damage
- Do not try to clean soot yourself because you can make the damage worse with improper methods
- Do not try to clean your carpet or upholstery
- Do not use electrical appliances until they are inspected and deemed safe
- Do not use ceiling fixtures hanging from a wet ceiling
Fire Damage Repair Process
Our technicians have the proper training and equipment to fully repair and restore homes and buildings damaged by a fire. We will handle everything from structural repairs to the treatment of objects and materials damaged by soot to get your property restored to its previous condition.
Our fire and smoke damage restoration services may include the following:
- Board up and stabilization
- Soot cleanup
- Cleaning of damaged building materials and content
- Carpet, rug, and upholstery cleaning
- Electronic equipment restoration
- Pack-out services
- Restoration dry cleaning
Not all of the damage caused by a fire is physical as smoke odors can linger long after the fire and even the restoration is complete. Smoke odors are pervasive and difficult to remove because the odor particles get absorbed and trapped in porous materials. Our technicians use advanced deodorization equipment and methods, including zone technology, hydroxyl technology, thermal fogging, and Nano carbon technology, that can effectively extract odor particles from the affected materials and air spaces.
The damage from a fire will only get worse if you hesitate to start the restoration, even after the fire is out. Our technicians at ServiceMaster EMT will immediately begin limiting the damage from fire, smoke, and soot so we can fully restore your home or building.
We are available 24 hours a day at (714) 975-8448 for emergency fire damage restoration services in Anaheim, CA.
Related Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Services:
Fire Damage Restoration in Lake Forest, CA
Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration in Santa Ana, CA
Fire Damage Restoration in Huntington Beach, CA
Fire Damage Cleanup in Santa Fe Springs, CA
Fire Damage Restoration in San Diego, CA