Considering the amount of destruction and damage that a fire can cause to properties and how it threatens people’s lives, a fire is seen as one of the worst disasters. Fires can happen at any moment, and it doesn’t take long for the fire to spread throughout and destroy your property. This makes it important to extinguish a fire, but the damage isn’t done after the flames are out. Smoke, soot, and other corrosive byproducts will continue to harm your property until it’s properly cleaned and restored.
In San Diego, CA, ServiceMaster EMT helps fire-damaged homes and businesses by providing them with fire and smoke damage restoration services. When we arrive at your property, our technicians get to work right away by stabilizing the building. This will prevent your property from sustaining further damage. Then, we proceed by moving on to the pre-cleaning process, where we restore the materials and objects that were damaged by smoke and soot.
Smoke Damage – San Diego, CA
When it comes to a fire, there are numerous layers of damage. The flames cause the initial damage, destroying structural elements and furnishings. Corrosive byproducts cause secondary damage, harming various objects and building materials as they spread throughout the property. The corrosive byproducts — including residue, smoke, and soot — are a result of synthetic materials burning. This secondary damage will continue even after the fire has been put out – because the byproducts are still lingering. Knowing this, it’s imperative to have the restoration done right away.
If affected by corrosive byproducts, materials and objects can become discolored and experience etching. These effects will become permanent if not cleaned properly. Whether it’s tile, carpeting, aluminum, upholstery, or another material, we can thoroughly clean these items because we are equipped with the proper cleaning products.
Fire Damage Restoration San Diego, CA
Take the following steps to limit the fire damage that your property has sustained:
- Immediately call ServiceMaster EMT for the emergency fire and smoke damage restoration services we provide.
- If the temperature is above 60 degrees, open up all of the doors and windows in your property to help air it out.
- To prevent further damage, wipe off chrome, aluminum, Formica, and porcelain surfaces.
- Change out your furnace’s air filter.
- For every return and supply vent, place a damp cheesecloth over it to filter the soot from the air.
- Throw out food containers.
- If the power is out, completely clean out your refrigerator.
- Gather your smoke-damaged clothing to be cleaned by a specialized dry cleaner.
Avoid the following actions following a fire:
- Do not touch any surface that has been damaged by soot, because your hand contains oils that can worsen the damage.
- Do not clean any soot damage yourself, because improper cleaning can worsen the damage.
- Do not try cleaning upholstery or carpeting.
- Do not use any of your electrical appliances until a professional has inspected them and said it’s safe to use them.
- Do not use any ceiling fixtures that are hanging from a ceiling that’s wet.
Fire Restoration Services
With the proper training and equipment, our technicians can conduct full repairs and restoration for fire-damaged properties. From repairing the structure to treating damaged objects, we can handle everything and will thoroughly restore your property to its previous condition.
The following may be included within our fire damage restoration services:
- Board-ups and stabilization
- Soot cleaning
- Water damage restoration if necessary
- Damaged building materials and content cleaning
- Upholstery, rug, and carpet cleaning
- Electronics restoration
- Pack-out services
- Restoration dry cleaning
Lingering smoke odor is one example of non-physical damage that a fire can cause. Smoke odors can continue to linger well after a fire is out and even after restoration, too. It’s tough to remove smoke odors because their particles are absorbed by and trapped in porous materials. We will effectively eliminate the odor particles from air spaces and materials by using our advanced deodorization equipment and methods. This includes thermal fogging, ozone technology, Nano carbo technology, and hydroxyl technology.
Don’t hesitate to get restoration help following a fire, because the damage will only worsen the longer you wait. At ServiceMaster EMT, our technicians will get to work right away to limit the fire, smoke, and soot damage and fully restore your property.
Call ServiceMaster EMT at (858) 225-8866 at any time of the day for the emergency fire and smoke damage restoration services we offer in San Diego, CA.
Related Fire Damage Restoration Services
Fire Damage Restoration Santa Fe Springs, CA
Fire Damage Restoration Huntington Beach, CA
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Santa Ana, CA
Fire Damage Restoration Lake Forest, CA
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Anaheim, CA
Fire Damage Restoration Los Angeles, CA