While water is essential for living, it is also known to be very damaging to properties. This is because building materials can absorb water and excess moisture, damaging the materials’ structures and encouraging mold growth.
Whether it’s because of burst pipes, plumbing issues, rain, natural flooding, or simply extinguishing the flames from fire damage, water can destroy building materials in various ways. No matter how the damage occurs, though, it’s important to never ignore water damage. With more time, the damage only gets worse and the chance for mold growth only increases.
In San Diego, CA, NextGen Associates helps water-damaged homes and businesses by providing them with water damage restoration services. Within these services, we will use advanced extraction and drying equipment to remove standing water and excess moisture from your property. Afterwards, our technicians will restore damaged building materials and belongings.
Problems with Water Damage – San Diego, CA
There needs to be an immediate response to water damage because the water will quickly make its way throughout any porous building materials and furnishings. The more water is absorbed, the worse the structural damage will be. This excessive moisture also creates the perfect conditions for mold growth. Knowing this, if you don’t address water damage in a timely manner, the damage can become permanent.
If your residential or commercial property has suffered water damage, follow these steps:
- Get in touch with NextGen Associates for the professional water damage restoration services we provide.
- Remove water by mopping it and/or blotting it dry.
- Hang draperies on a coat hanger, and put the hanger on the rod so the draperies are off the floor.
- Wipe down any wet furniture to get rid of the water. Prop up the furniture cushions as well so they can dry more easily.
- Place documents, photos, artwork, and other vulnerable objects in a safe, dry place.
- Prevent water-damaged books from becoming warped by packing them together on a bookshelf.
- Open up doors to your cabinets and closets so they can dry better.
After your residential or commercial property has suffered water damage, do NOT do the following:
- Do not go into a room that has standing water if the electricity is still on.
- Do not use a standard vacuum to remove water.
- Do not remove carpeting and other permanent flooring.
- Do not use any electrical appliances if the floor is wet.
- Do not clean any mold.
Water Damage Restoration San Diego, CA
At NextGen Associates, our technicians are properly equipped to handle any amount of water damage and properly restore the damage the water has caused. We have advanced water extraction and dehumidification equipment that we use to remove standing water and excess moisture. Then, we clean and restore the areas that have been damaged.
The following steps can be expected from our water damage restoration services:
- Standing water removal
- Drying and dehumidification for damaged areas and furnishings
- Cleaning and restoration for damaged areas
- Upholstery, carpeting, and area rug cleaning
- Drying and recovery for damaged documents
- Restoration for damaged electronic equipment
- Mold removal
If a home or building experiences flooding, then it can cause severe damage, and this damage must be taken care of immediately. Whether it’s the result of flash flooding or a sewage backup, a great deal of water will enter your property. This standing water will then become absorbed quickly by any surrounding porous building materials. We have the proper equipment and expertise needed to extract standing water.
If water damage goes unaddressed, then this can cause serious structural damage and potential mold growth. So make sure you get in touch with NextGen Associates if your residential or commercial property has been affected by flooding or has suffered water damage.
For emergency water damage restoration services in San Diego, CA, from NextGen Associates, call (858) 225-8866, where we can be reached on a 24/7 basis.
Related Water Damage Restoration Services:
Water Damage Restoration Santa Fe Springs, CA
Water Damage Restoration Huntington Beach, CA
Water Damage Restoration Santa Ana, CA
Water Damage Restoration Lake Forest, CA
Water Damage Restoration Anaheim, CA
Water Damage Restoration Los Angeles, CA
Water Damage Restoration Ontario, CA