You may not realize it, but water is one of the most damaging elements within a home or building because of its ability to get absorbed in common building materials and trigger mold growth. There are many ways that water damage can occur as rain and natural floods often cause serious water damage and other issues like plumbing leaks, overflows, and burst pipes can lead to damage as well. Water damage should never be ignored because it will spread further throughout your property, leading to structural damage and mold growth.
ServiceMaster EMT provides water damage restoration services in Anaheim, CA to help homes and business affected by water damage or flooding. Our technicians remove all standing water and moisture with our advanced extraction and drying equipment, and we will also restore the damage caused by the excess water.
Damage Caused by Excess Water
Any amount of water damage requires an immediate response because the water will spread quickly through porous materials and furnishings. Wood, drywall, flooring, carpeting, furniture upholstery, and installation are porous materials and the more water they absorb, the more likely they are to experience structural damage. Materials affected by water are also at a high risk for mold growth as mold forms in areas with abundant moisture. If the water damage is not dealt with quickly enough, the affected materials can experience permanent damage.
Water Damage Cleanup – Check Out this Video
For professional water damage restoration services in Anaheim, CA and the surrounding areas, contact ServiceMaster EMT at (714) 975-8448.
Water Extraction – What to Do:
- Call ServiceMaster EMT for professional water damage restoration.
- Mop and blot dry to remove water
- Remove non-permanent floor coverings like area rugs
- Keep draperies off the floor by putting them through a coat hanger and putting the hanger on the rod
- Wipe water from wet furniture and prop up the cushions to dry
- Put vulnerable objects like artwork, photos, and documents somewhere safe and dry
- Keep water damaged books packed together on their shelf to prevent page warping
- Open closet and cabinet doors for better drying
Flood Extraction – What NOT to Do:
- Do not enter a room with standing water if the electricity is still on
- Do not remove water with a regular vacuum
- Do not try to remove permanent flooring like carpeting
- Do not use electrical appliances on a wet floor
- Do not try to clean mold growth
Water Damage Restoration Process
Our technicians have the proper equipment to deal with any level of water damage and get your property fully restored. We will remove standing water and moisture using advanced water extraction and dehumidification equipment and we will clean and restore the damaged areas. You can expect our water damage restoration services to include the following steps:
- Removal of standing water
- Drying and dehumidification of affected areas and furnishings
- Cleaning and restoration of affected areas
- Carpet, area rug, and upholstery cleaning
- Document drying and recovery
- Restoration of electronic equipment
- Mold removal
Flood Damage Restoration
Indoor flooding can cause very serious damage in a home and requires immediate attention. This can occur as the result of natural flooding and flash floods, as well as a pipe burst or sewage backup that causes a lot of water to enter the building. When there is standing water, the surrounding materials are damaged much faster and are at a major risk for structural damage. Our technicians have the water extraction equipment needed to remove standing water from a home or building.
Water damage is a serious issue, especially if it goes unaddressed, as it can lead to major structural damage and mold growth. Make sure you contact ServiceMaster EMT right away if your home or business in Anaheim, CA is affected by water damage or flooding.
You can reach us 24 hours a day at (714) 975-8448 for emergency water damage restoration services.
Related Water Damage Restoration Services:
Water Damage Restoration in Lake Forest, CA
Water Damage Restoration in Santa Ana, CA
Water Damage Restoration in Huntington Beach, CA
Flood Cleanup and Water Damage Restoration in Santa Fe Springs, CA
Water Damage Restoration in San Diego, CA