Encountering a biohazard and/or trauma scene on your property can bring a wave of stressful emotions: shock, hurt, anxiety, and more. Especially if it involves the death or accident of a loved one, the experience can be especially daunting. But it’s very important to know what exactly to do in this situation. While it can be hard to take the right steps, you should never hesitate to call 911 to report the issue. Then you must call a professional biohazard and trauma cleanup company to address the mess.
Biohazard Cleanup Lake Forest, CA
While it’s important to call the EMT’s right away, they are not responsible for cleaning up the biohazards. But you should not handle the cleaning process yourself as the area is contaminated with a number of harmful bacteria and pathogens; the job requires advanced equipment and cleaning products in order to be restored safely.
RestorationMaster EMT has the skills, equipment, and experience to handle any human biohazard cleanup in Lake Forest, CA and the surrounding areas, whether caused by traumatic injury, suicide, homicide, or other unattended death. Biohazard cleanup may also be required for other reasons, such as floods, mold, sewage backup that leaves germs and other hazardous contaminants.
The equipment used by RestorationMaster is designed for handling dangerous situations, such as sewage waste, mold, biohazards, and contaminated floodwater. Our products are also manufactured with eco-friendly ingredients that are also best at eliminating mass amounts of bacteria. When addressing trauma scenes, we combine these resources with years of training and experience in order to restore your home or commercial space to a safe environment again.
Crime Scene Cleanup Process
As soon as we receive your first call, we will respond immediately as we know that the blood and pathogens will spread to other areas of the property. Upon our arrival, we will use personal protective equipment (PPE) while conducting an initial inspection to identify the scope of the project.
We will then begin removing all biohazards, placing them into approved containers. All stains, spills, and messes will be removed using professional products, working quietly to not disturb any personal activities. After the area is effectively cleaned and sanitized, we will work with your insurance provider during the claims process while you focus on other matters.
Crime Scene Cleanup – What to Do:
- Secure the contaminated area from any further damage.
- Leave air conditioning or heating at 70 degrees unless exposure to the outside prevents this.
- Wear personal protective clothing if you must be in the contaminated area.
- Remove any broken items not affected from the contaminated area once authorities have released the area for clean-up. Be sure to wear heavy gloves in handling broken glass or sharp items
- Take an inventory of items missing, broken or beyond repair for insurance and/or tax records.
- Inform your insurance agent of the situation as soon as possible.
- If an infectious disease is suspected (Hepatitis or AIDS), wait for further instructions from agent or authorities.
- Call a professional restoration company to assist with returning the contaminated area to normal.
What NOT To Do:
- Do not enter the contaminated area unless absolutely necessary.
- Do not risk contact in contaminated area with bare skin. If exposed, wash thoroughly with soap and water.
- Seek medical attention if an infectious disease is known or suspected.
- Do not touch or move any items until authorities have completed their investigation.
- Do not attempt to clean the contaminated area unless using a proven disinfectant.
For 24/7 biohazard and trauma cleanup services in the Lake Forest, CA area, contact RestorationMaster at (949) 666-8450.
Related Biohazard and Trauma Scene Cleanup Services:
Crime Scene Cleaning Anaheim, CA
Crime Scene Cleanup Huntington Beach, CA
Crime Scene Cleaning San Diego, CA
Crime Scene Cleanup Los Angeles, CA
Crime Scene Cleanup Santa Fe Springs, CA
Crime Scene Cleanup Ontario, CA