As we learn more about hoarding and its underlying causes, the cleaning services that are offered to help hoarders clean out their homes will continue to improve. Hoarding is considered a mental disorder that stems from anxiety and those affected generally develop an inability to part with any objects they have accumulated in their home. Over time, the collection of objects grows large enough to make moving throughout the home dangerous and the hoard can also allow mold and bacteria to grow which leads to negative health reactions. RestorationMaster provides hoarding cleaning services in St. Cloud, MN and the surrounding area to help clean up and disinfect homes affected by hoarding. We approach these projects with a sense of compassion for the individual and build a personal connection to involve them in the cleaning process.
We understand that for a hoarding cleaning project to be done successfully, we must earn the trust and respect of the individual and involve them in the cleaning process. Those that hoard do not usually call for cleaning services themselves out of embarrassment which is why they need a trusted friend or family member to intervene and help them understand that there is no shame in their situation and that their home must be cleaned for their own health and safety. People that struggle with hoarding allow all types of objects such as food containers, newspapers, broken items, and animals to build up in the home which creates physical hazards and increases the risk of a fire.
The technicians of RestorationMaster use state-of-the-art cleaning equipment and the best cleaning products available to completely clean and disinfect homes with minor to severe cases of hoarding. Our personal protective equipment (PPE) keeps us protected as we thoroughly clean the home using the best cleaning products and equipment available in the industry. We are fully licensed, bonded, and insured to handle any hoarding case and we also work within the rules and regulations of the Department of Transportation as well as OSHA and the EPA. The hoarding cleaning approach we take was recently developed by RestorationMaster and Matt Paxton and involves building a personal connection with the individual to keep them involved in the process.
This hoarding cleaning approach is broken down into 3 phases:
- Phase 1: We build a personal connection with the individual based on trust and respect before entering the home.
- Phase 2: A cleaning plan is created and implemented with the help of the individual and their family and the individual is heavily involved in the cleaning process.
- Phase 3: We do a phone call follow up with the individual to ensure that their home is being maintained and we will return if additional cleaning is needed.
The cleaning phase, Phase 2, includes the following:
- Saving of valuable items and keepsakes including money and jewelry
- Removal of unwanted items and other debris
- Help in deciding whether to keep, dispose of, recycle, or donate hoarded objects; the final decision is left to the individual
- Some saved items will be delivered to friends and family members
- Help completing necessary paperwork from attorneys and government agencies
- Complete cleaning and disinfection of the home once unwanted items are removed
Hoarding is not just a danger for the affected individual, but for the family of those affected as well because the hoarded items create dangerous and unsanitary living conditions that affect all within the home. If you know someone who could benefit from hoarding cleaning services in the St. Cloud, MN area, contact RestorationMaster for an effective yet compassionate approach to hoarding cleaning. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day at (888) 583-5345 to respond to your call.