When approaching a hoarder about their situation, it’s important to do so with compassion and patience. Many hoarders don’t realize the danger of their situation and have an emotional attachment to their belongings. Getting rid of the excess contents and cleaning the home can be a challenge for affected individuals.
Many cases of hoarding can involve a number of hazards, including tripping and fire hazards, as well as biohazard materials. ServiceMaster Professional Services (SVMPS) is experienced when it comes to hoarding cleanup in Marshall, MN. But as professionals, we highly recommend that you reach out to the affected individual first before calling for cleaning services. They must be mentally prepared for a cleaning service and aware that their current living situation puts their health and safety at risk.
Dealing with Hoarding
It is important to understand how sensitive those struggling with hoarding can be about removing their contents. While it can seem uncomfortable, reaching out to them is crucial as they may feel embarrassed or may not even realize how important it is to contact a professional cleaning service. With your help as their loved one, you can provide the support and guidance they need through this process.
After getting their approval, contact SVMPS immediately to start the hoarding cleanup process. Our experienced technicians will then arrive right away to help, working with your loved one and ensuring them that there is no reason to feel embarrassed or ashamed.
Our hoarding cleanup process consists of the following steps:
- Step 1: Our team will build a strong connection with your loved one, gaining their trust.
- Step 2: We will develop a cleaning plan, placing your loved one in charge of deciding which items they will keep.
- Step 3: After the cleaning process, we will follow up with you and your loved one to ensure that the home remains clean. If not, we will return for an additional cleaning.
Our hoarding cleanup team will provide all of the following:
- Conduct the initial inspection
- Remove all unnecessary items
- Assist with the decision of what to keep, throw away, donate, or recycle
- Deliver specific items for family and friends
- Assist with any legal documents needed
- Deep clean the property, removing mold, biohazards, and debris
If you have a loved one that struggles with hoarding, it’s important to reach out to them right away as they may be living in unsafe conditions. SVMPS is available to fully clean and restore homes affected by hoarding and we will work with your loved one every step of the way.
Get a Free Estimate
For a free estimate on our hoarding cleanup services in the Marshall, MN area, contact SVMPS at (507) 401-2323.