The issue of hoarding goes far deeper than just a mess that needs to be cleaned up; it can have drastic consequences for those affected and their families. Hoarding has been classified as a mental disorder that causes symptoms of anxiety and depression, making it difficult to throw their items away.
The behaviors of hoarding cannot only lead to dirty, but dangerous conditions within the home. The buildup of clutter produces a number of risks, including fire and tripping hazards, as well as the conditions for mold and other bacteria to grow. But before hiring a cleaning service, the hoarder must be approached with compassion, helping them to understand that their behavior is contributing towards living in a dangerous environment. After they have agreed to work with a cleaning service, please reach out to our technicians for help.
Professional Hoarding Cleanup
RestorationMaster (RestorationMaster) is available in Minnetonka, MN and the surrounding areas to assist those affected by hoarding with hoarding cleanup services. Many of these individuals will need the help of a loved one or a friend to reach out for them. We will show them that there is nothing to be embarrassed about as we just want to help. Our technicians have years of experience in removing all unwanted clutter and biohazards, using professional equipment to safely restore the home to a safe living condition again.
Starting the Hoarding Cleanup
When starting a hoarding cleanup project, professionals should always be called for help. This is because our equipment and deep cleaning products are designed to remove biohazards and hidden bacteria that may be too strong for household cleaning agents. Our processes have also been perfected to allow for an efficient process, helping to restore your loved one’s home as quickly as possible.
Our technicians always ensure to use personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow the regulations established by OSHA, the EPA, and the Department of Transportation.
After years of working in the industry, our technicians know that these are sensitive projects, which is why we ensure to involve the individual throughout the cleaning process. We will first work to build a foundation of trust before starting the cleaning process and we never throw out anything without their permission.
Our hoarding cleaning process includes 3 phases:
- A respectful approach is taken towards the affected individual, building a relationship based on trust and respect.
- A detailed cleaning plan is formed, involving the individual throughout all steps.
- After the cleaning is finished, RestorationMaster will follow up with the individual to ensure the home stays clean. Follow up cleanings can be scheduled as needed.
Our hoarding cleaning services involve all of the following:
- Items with high monetary or sentimental value, such as money, jewelry, and family heirlooms are set aside for safekeeping.
- Unwanted items and garbage are removed.
- The individual will decide which items will be discarded, donated, recycled, or kept.
- Items are delivered to the appropriate locations.
- Legal documents from attorneys and government agencies are filled out.
- The home is disinfected and sanitized to restore safe living conditions.
An individual living with a hoarding issue experiences danger to their health and safety. If you have a loved one struggling with this issue, don’t hesitate to reach out to them for help. After they have agreed to a cleaning service, then reach out to RestorationMaster. We ensure to treat them with complete compassion and respect throughout the hoarding cleaning process.
For a free estimate on hoarding cleaning services in Minnetonka, MN and the surrounding areas, contact RestorationMaster at (888) 583-5345.