Fire Damage Related Info:
Fires a very dangerous disasters because they can quickly overtake a home or building and cause significant damage as well as put those within the building at serious risk. Ensuring everyone’s safety should be the top priority during a fire but once the fire is out, it is crucial to begin the restoration because soot, chemical emissions, and other corrosive byproducts will continue to cause damage that can quickly become permanent. Your local RestorationMaster partner provides fire damage restoration services to restore and repair homes and buildings in Richmond, TX that have been damaged in a fire. We are dedicated to reacting quickly and completing the job efficiently to get your home or office back to its original condition.
Commercial and Residential Soot, Smoke and Fire Damage Repair
Fire and smoke causes many layers of extensive damage that can leave your home or building in an uninhabitable condition and seriously interrupt your daily life. Our technicians are highly trained and licensed to provide complete smoke and fire damage restoration and we respond as quickly as possible to limit the damage and avoid permanent tarnishing and etching. The cleaning products and equipment we use are the most advanced in the industry and our technicians are readily available throughout the restoration process to address your questions or concerns.
Our complete fire damage restoration services include the following:
- Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration
- Soot Removal
- Thorough Building and Content Cleaning
- Carpet, Rug, and Upholstery Cleaning
- HVAC Duct Cleaning
- Antiques and Fine Art Restoration
- Electronic Equipment Restoration
- Data and Document Recovery
- Furniture Refinishing
- Biohazard Cleaning
- Safety and Compliance
- Pack-Out and Inventory Service
- Restoration Dry Cleaning and Laundry
- Board Up Service
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Tips
Once the fire has been put out and everyone has been evacuated safely, you must immediately initiate the restoration process because waiting will allow soot and corrosive byproducts to cause further damage. Contact your local RestorationMaster partner as soon as you can and take the following actions to help limit some of the damage.
What to Do After Fire Damage
- Air out your home if the outside temperature is above 60 degrees by opening up all doors and windows.
- Prevent permanent tarnishing by wiping soot from Formica, porcelain, chrome, and aluminum surfaces.
- Change the air filter in your furnace if it runs on forced hot air.
- You can filter loose soot in the air by covering each return and supply vent with a damp cheesecloth.
- Dispose of all open food containers.
- Thoroughly clean out your refrigerator if you have lost power.
- Save your smoke damaged clothing and other fabrics for our restoration dry cleaning services.
What NOT to Do After a Fire
- Do not touch woodwork, walls, or upholstery because the oils from your hand can penetrate these surfaces to cause additional damage.
- Do not attempt to wash soot from the walls because cleaning them improperly will make the damage worse.
- Do not try and clean your carpeting or upholstery.
- Do not use electrical appliances unless they have been inspected for safety.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures that are on a wet ceiling.
Fires can be extremely disruptive and destructive but reacting quickly will help limit the damage as well as the amount of time needed for the restoration which will save you some money on the repairs. Contact RestorationMaster if your home or building in Richmond, TX has been damaged in a fire. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day at (281) 612-8739 to respond quickly to fire damage emergencies in Richmond, TX and the surrounding areas.