A fire can cause major damage to a home or building in a very short amount of time and they tend to start with little to no warning. The byproducts left behind by a fire can cause the damage to become permanent very quickly which is why you should call for fire damage restoration once the flames are extinguished. Service Master SouthWest provides fire damage restoration and repair services to homes and businesses that have been affected by fire in Sugar Land, TX and Fort Bend County. We are on call 24 hours a day to help restore your home back to normal as soon as possible.
ServiceMaster Fire Damage Restoration
When a home is destroyed by fire, it completely disrupts your daily life and ServiceMaster SouthWest is dedicated to putting your life back on track quickly with our fire and smoke damage restoration services. Our technicians are trained, licensed, and insured to repair all types of smoke and fire damage in commercial and residential settings.
The specific fire damage restoration and repair services we provide include:
- Fire and Smoke Restoration
- Soot Removal
- Building and Contents Cleaning
- Carpet, Rug, and Upholstery Cleaning
- HVAC Duct Cleaning
- Antiques and Fine Art Restoration
- Electronic Equipment Restoration
- Data and Document Recovery
- Furniture Refinishing
- Biohazard Cleaning
- Safety and Compliance
- Pack Out and Inventory Service
- Restoration Dry Cleaning and Laundry
- Board Up Service
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Tips
It is important to call for fire damage restoration and repair services immediately after the fire is put out because corrosive byproducts and chemicals can cause further damage. Once you contact ServiceMaster SouthWest for fire and smoke damage repair, you can perform the following actions to get a head start on the restoration process.
What to do After a Fire
- If the outside temperature is over 60 degrees, open the doors and windows to help air out your home.
- Prevent tarnishing on Formica, chrome, porcelain, and aluminum surfaces by wiping them down.
- Change the air filter on your furnace if it runs with forced hot air.
- Filter loose soot from the air by taping a damp cheesecloth over each vent.
- Dispose of all open food containers.
- If the power is out, thoroughly clean out your refrigerator.
- Fabrics with heavy smoke damage such as clothing and drapes can be submitted to us for restoration dry cleaning services.
What NOT to do After a Fire
- Do not touch walls, woodwork, or upholstery because your hand oils can cause further damage.
- Do not wash the walls because using improper methods will compound the soot residue.
- Do not clean your own carpet or upholstery, hire a professional to do it.
- Do not use electrical appliances until they have been inspected.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures on a wet ceiling.
If a fire has caused fire or smoke damage to your home or business in Sugar Land, TX 77487, SouthWest Houston, Fort Bend County, contact ServiceMaster SouthWest for fire and smoke damage restoration and repair services. We are on call 24 hours a day at (281)247-3113 to respond to your fire damage emergencies.