Duraclean Cleaning and Restoration
It’s not often that temperatures drop below freezing in the southern town of Marietta, GA, but when they do, it’s critical to be on the lookout for frozen pipes and sprinkler heads. While being frozen doesn’t cause any damage, the water pressure inside is strong enough to cause pipes to burst, sending water in all directions and flooding the surrounding areas.
In these situations, it’s imperative to shut off the main water valve and call for professional disaster restoration.
Duraclean Cleaning and Restoration is available 24/7 in Marietta, GA and the surrounding areas to respond with water damage restoration services after a pipe burst.
Our flood cleanup technicians arrive immediately to clean up the flooding and damage caused by a burst pipe. Upon arrival, we will use advanced water extraction equipment to quickly remove all standing water and dry out the affected areas.
Finding Frozen Pipes and Sprinkler Heads in Marietta, GA
A common issue with frozen pipes and sprinkler heads is that they freeze behind walls and in other hidden areas. During colder winter months, such as January and February, the water inside them will freeze and expand, pushing on pipes from the inside.
As soon as you find that your pipes or sprinkler head has burst, take immediate action to shut off the water (most shutoff valves are in the basement). Next, call our professionals at Duraclean Cleaning and Restoration to immediately remove the water and start the drying process. Our technicians are trained and experienced, particularly with burst pipes and sprinkler heads, and are efficient and effective in restoring wet building materials.
Preventing Frozen Pipes in Marietta, GA
To prevent pipes from freezing this winter, be sure to take all of the steps listed below, particularly during the colder months:
- Allow the water to run slightly, just enough so that it drips from the faucet. This will keep the flow of water running through the pipes, making it more difficult to freeze.
- Open the kitchen cabinets to allow warm air to circulate around the pipes and keep them warm. Shutoff the exterior water supply to prevent the sprinkler head from freezing.
- Set up a heater in the basement, attic, or crawlspace to keep them warm during freezing temperatures.
- Insulate the water pipes in colder areas with electrical tape or pipe insulation.
Finding Frozen Pipes in Marietta, GA: What to Do
If you turn on a faucet but find that no water comes out, there is a good chance that the pipes are frozen. Be sure to inspect each one carefully and to thaw it out to prevent them from bursting. Follow these steps on how to thaw frozen pipes.
- Set up an infrared lamp or heater next to a wall with the frozen pipe behind it.
- Remove the drywall with the pipe behind it and thaw out the pipe with a blow dryer. You can also turn on the water to increase the water pressure within the pipe and move the ice out.
- Turn up the temperature within the home.
It’s not common for temperatures to drop below freezing in the southern state of Georgia, but it does happen on occasion. If you find a frozen pipe in your home, be sure to thaw it out immediately using the steps above. If at any time they do burst, be sure to turn off the main water supply and call our professionals immediately.
Burst or Frozen Pipe Repair Available 24/7 in Marietta, GA
Duraclean Cleaning and Restoration is available 24/7 at (770)-679-2299 in Marietta, GA and the surrounding areas to provide water damage restoration services from burst pipes and sprinkler heads.