Duraclean Cleaning and Restoration
Colder temperatures can be great to enjoy in the wintertime, especially in Acworth, GA after the scolding summer heat. But lower temperatures come with their own problems, even nightmares, as they reach below freezing. There is always the threat of frozen and burst pipes and sprinkler heads during the colder months, enough to cause severe disasters within homes and businesses.
If you have experienced a flood or water damage after a burst pipe or sprinkler head, don’t hesitate to turn off the main water supply and call your local restoration professional.
Duraclean Cleaning and Restoration is available in Acworth, GA and the surrounding areas to provide complete cleanup services for burst pipes and sprinkler heads. Our technicians are well equipped with years of experience and training to arrive right away and start the drying process.
Finding Frozen Pipes and Sprinkler Heads in Acworth, GA
Frozen pipes and sprinkler heads are the first warning signs that a disaster is near. As the water within the pipes freezes, it expands against the pipe, causing it to burst. Finding frozen pipes can be difficult as they are often hiding behind walls and underneath the flooring.
If the pipe has burst already, turn off the main water supply quickly by shutting off the main water valve (most are found in the basement) and call for emergency help. When contacting our water restoration professionals, we will be on our way after receiving your first call to extract the water and start the drying process.
As soon as all standing water is removed, we will dry out the affected areas using powerful dehumidifiers and air movers to extract the remaining moisture particles from the air and building materials.
Preventing Frozen Pipes in Acworth, GA
The best way to prevent disasters caused by burst pipes and sprinkler heads is to prevent them from freezing. This can be done by following the steps listed below:
- Set up a heater in unheated parts of the home, such as the attic, crawlspace, and basement.
- Insulate the pipes in unheated areas with electrical tape and pipe insulators.
- Open the cabinets with pipes in them to allow warm air to flow around them.
- Turn on the water in all faucets so that they are just dripping enough to keep the water flowing in the pipes. This makes it more difficult for them to freeze.
- Shut off the water supply line to the exterior parts of the home or commercial property.
What to Do When Finding Frozen Pipes in Acworth, GA
When finding frozen pipes and sprinkler heads, you should immediately try to thaw them before they burst.
Here are some pipe thawing tips to prevent a flooded disaster in your home or building.
- Remove the drywall covering the frozen pipe and thaw it out using a heater or blow dryer. Never use a blow torch to thaw a frozen pipe.
- Turn on the water to push the ice out of the faucet.
- Turn up the thermostat in the home.
- Set up a heat lamp or space heater next to the wall covering the frozen pipe to thaw it.
When the temperature drops below freezing, home and business owners should always be wary of frozen pipes. Be sure to take the prevention steps listed above, but for some, it may already be too late.
If you find a flood in your property caused by burst pipes or sprinkler heads, don’t hesitate to turn off the main water supply and call our disaster restoration professionals.
Get Frozen or Burst Pipe Damage Repair in Acworth, GA
Duraclean Cleaning and Restoration is available 24/7 at (770) 679-2299 in Acworth, GA and the surrounding areas to provide complete water damage restoration services from burst pipes and sprinkler heads.
Related Services for Frozen and Burst Pipes:
Burst Pipes Water Damage Restoration in Roswell, GA
Frozen Pipe Water Damage Restoration in Marietta, GA
Frozen Pipe Water Damage Restoration in Atlanta, GA
Burst Pipes And Sprinkler Head Water Damage Restoration in Alpharetta, GA
Burst Pipes Water Damage Restoration in Cartersville, GA